Totaled My WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Totaled My WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Time for a new WRX! There's always a good side to things... Glad you're ok!...

Time for a new WRX! There's always a good side to things...

Glad you're ok!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow, that is a pretty bad looking situation.

Just be glad you are okay man. I know this sounds rather cliche, but you can always replace a car... but not a life.

Best of luck with finding a new car and working this situation out with the insurance company.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thanks a bunch to all of you guys for being so nice. Just for clarification, the car never rolled over. Not sure what caused the fire and I havent seen it since they put it out. Subaru does make one hell of a passenger compartment because I hit hard as hell and could have been seriously injured. Anyway, thanks again and I will be back driving a new WRX (hopefully an STI).
    RIP - 2002 Blaze Yellow WRX, TurboXS TBE, Cobb AP Stg 2, Fr/Rr Sway bars, Strut tower, Short Shifter, 17in OZ P1,
    New - 2006 Black WRX, AP Stage 2, HKS Downpipe, Invidia Catback, SPT Intake

Seeing pics of you and your burning WRX were very painful. I think the only thing more insane than taking a picture of your car when it is on fire would have been taking pictures during the wreck itsself. Crazy man, but glad that you are okay.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

so did the insurance company total it and give a check for a new one?

Major suckage. Glad you're ok. What kind of car was she driving? What did her car look like afterwards?

She was driving some sort of white car and according to the state trooper's report it was a chevy. Basically everything forward of her passenger compartment was almost ripped off. It was a mess.
    RIP - 2002 Blaze Yellow WRX, TurboXS TBE, Cobb AP Stg 2, Fr/Rr Sway bars, Strut tower, Short Shifter, 17in OZ P1,

I Support ClubWRX
    A new meaning to BLAZE yellow??? sorry
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

LOL not the first time I've heard that in the last couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    Glad you are okay. On a side note, my counsins bugeye also burnt up when he flipped it. something going on here with wrxs catching fire?
    Considering the fuel smell problems just driving it down the road, it wouldn't surprise me. Were both cars MY '02?

Sorry for your loss. Sad times like this makes baby kitties cry.

On a side note, you do know that the WRX sets itself on fire so no other company can steal their technology don't you? I thought everyone knew that!

holly crap, that pic of your car on fire is crazy!!!! glad you're ok, not trying to offend any old people on here but i think at the age of 60 you should have to retake your drivers test one time i was driving on a two lane road just crusin in my wrx when i looked ahead and saw a crown vic in my lane coming at me head on, i sweved off the road (almost crashed) you guessed it little old lady driving acted like there was nothing goin on just out in the wrong lane driving along(she could barely see over the wheel) old people pi$$ me off
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    On a side note, you do know that the WRX sets itself on fire so no other company can steal their technology don't you? I thought everyone knew that!
    Seems that way with the vehicle fires lately!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Aaahh man I feel your pain . This reminded me when I wrecked my mine there was a small fire that started near the passenger side fender. It only lasted about a minute before it went out.
    2003 Sonic Yellow WRX - R.I.P.
    2001 Turbo Lexus IS300 - R.I.P.
    2006 WRB/Gold STI ~ stage 2 - Sold
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha - Sold
    2006 AW Subaru STI....with a few mods

Quote Originally Posted by kessler89
    holly crap, that pic of your car on fire is crazy!!!! glad you're ok, not trying to offend any old people on here but i think at the age of 60 you should have to retake your drivers test one time i was driving on a two lane road just crusin in my wrx when i looked ahead and saw a crown vic in my lane coming at me head on, i sweved off the road (almost crashed) you guessed it little old lady driving acted like there was nothing goin on just out in the wrong lane driving along(she could barely see over the wheel) old people pi$$ me off
    but really These old drivers are getting out of hand. I barely survived a similar game of chicken with an old lady a few weeks ago. She gave me a dirty look even though she was two lanes displaced from the nearest lane for her direction of travel. To make it worse most of them drive 5000 lb detroit luxury barges that can flatten the majority of other cars on the road. Unfortunately we will never see a law requiring a second drivers test for seniors because they seem to be the only people that regularly vote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.