Fuel Filter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fuel Filter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive heard that Subaru recommends a fuel filter change every 30000. How true is this? My car is at 38,500 ...

Fuel Filter

Ive heard that Subaru recommends a fuel filter change every 30000. How true is this? My car is at 38,500 or so, is it worth my money to get a new filter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's recommended but not required, here's a chart:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maintenance1.gif  
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

I know its only recommended i just wanted peoples input on whether it will make a positive influence if i do it now?

I think the preventative maintenance is worth it. If you do it yourself, it doesn't cost alot either. You never know what crap is hanging around in those underground tanks at the gas station.

A non-OEM filter is less that $15 and if you have enough mechanical knowledge to change your own oil, you can change your own fuel filter no problem. In fact it is easier cause the fuel filer is accessable from under the hood. It took me less than 20 minutes to change mine. I think there is even a how to on the tutorial board.
    2002 White WRX Sedan
    Mods by Mastercard

IMHO it's so easy you might as well just do it. Even OEM filters aren't much money if you buy them online.

The only trick is making sure there is no pressurized fuel inside when you disconnect the lines and that's easily achieved by letting it sit overnight or running the car with the fuel pump fuse removed until it stalls.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Where is the fuel filter located?
    "Drive it til' the wheels fall off"

Trip

Under the hood on the drivers side...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Oh I'm sorry I have a 04 STi. I know that makes a difference.
    "Drive it til' the wheels fall off"

Trip

It doesn't

The fuel filter is easy to change, it should take you about 20 mins to do. Just make sure you save the rubber ring around the original fuel filter. Its located right above the windshield washer resovoir towards the firewall
    Stage 2 Power

I did this yesterday btw and it was pretty easy. If you can get the relay unplugged without taking off the door sill on passenger side you might want to try it just b/c I hate taking on and off that sort of thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.