Smoke coming from under the hood.......again!

This is a discussion on Smoke coming from under the hood.......again! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; SO last night I parked my car and my friend says there is smoke coming from the hood. so im ...

Smoke coming from under the hood.......again!

SO last night I parked my car and my friend says there is smoke coming from the hood. so im like ooooo Sh1t not again. (oil return line cracked on turbo last month). so i checked everywhere in my engine from where the smoke was coming from and didnt notice any oil. ive driven 2500 miles since the oil line broke and my oil level is completely fine. there wasnt any oil dripping or on the ground either.

so my question is are there any other spots that oil or something else could be smoking from. when i poped my hood last night it smelt like oil briefly, but then the smell went away and it looked like the smoke was coming from down by the exhaust manifold. but if that was the case it wouldnt be smoking minutes after the car has been shut off.

im puzzled. and since last night i havent noticed anymore smoke. werid
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Maybe your car was partaking in 4/20?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Maybe your car was partaking in 4/20?
    +1

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the boot on the axle, they had to reband mine at dealer to stop grease that was oozing out. It would only do it every once in a while.

i noticed it doing it today a lot too. its not heavy ammounts of smoke, but there is smoke coming from inside the engine bay. its coming from down by the exhaust manifold. or at least it looks it. i checked the oil again today and the level is fine. and the smoke is only in a small ammount. my friend seems to think its oil leaking thats dripping onto some part of the exhaust (up pipe ect) and just burning up on impact. but if that was the case there would be oil on the ground after the car sitting for a while.....which there is not. im so stumped. anyone near west haven ct that knows a lot about engines and subarus want to come help me?
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

Make sure that the front O2 sensor is still plugged into the uppipe. I had this back out on me since I have changed my uppipe. It wasn't really smoky, but slightly and it smelled. It also sounded a little louder.