Battery Keeps Dying? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Battery Keeps Dying? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by section9 If that doesn't work, it could be that your battery wasn't properly prepared in the first ...

Quote Originally Posted by section9
    If that doesn't work, it could be that your battery wasn't properly prepared in the first place. Batteries are shipped dry to the store, both conventional and maintenance free ones. When a customer buys one, the shop is supposed to fill it up with the correct electrolytes, let it settle for an hour, refill to the correct level, then charge it up. Battery life greatly depends on how well this is done. I've had my OEM battery for almost 100k miles now.
    really? When i bought mine from Autozone, it was just sitting on a shelf with like 50 other batteries...noone filled it or charged it or anything...I just picked it up, paid for it, and put it in my car.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I know! I'm going through motorcycle mechanic school and that was one of the things I've learned so far. Regular batteries use different electrolytes than the maintenance free kind. The MF kind comes with a packet of the prescribed electrolyte that you just pour in (no topping off that's why it's painted black, so you can't see the level.) The shop should have a 1 or 5 gallon container of the regular electrolyte for regular batteries. If the shop decides to prep the batteries before it's sold, they're supposed to do all those things and charge it up every couple of weeks. If it's not charged 100% before a load is put on it, the battery will memorize what ever level it's charged at as the max. Blahblahblah. Talk to the battery shop. Oh yeah, a battery discharges much less cold than hot.
    http://www.mcnews.com/mcnews/articles/battery.htm
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP

Quote Originally Posted by section9
    Yeah I know! I'm going through motorcycle mechanic school and that was one of the things I've learned so far. Regular batteries use different electrolytes than the maintenance free kind. The MF kind comes with a packet of the prescribed electrolyte that you just pour in (no topping off that's why it's painted black, so you can't see the level.) The shop should have a 1 or 5 gallon container of the regular electrolyte for regular batteries. If the shop decides to prep the batteries before it's sold, they're supposed to do all those things and charge it up every couple of weeks. If it's not charged 100% before a load is put on it, the battery will memorize what ever level it's charged at as the max. Blahblahblah. Talk to the battery shop. Oh yeah, a battery discharges much less cold than hot.
    http://www.mcnews.com/mcnews/articles/battery.htm
    well when I buy my next battery I will ask them to charge it first just in case.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123