Check engine light on for 02 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Check engine light on for 02 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; as soon as i actually READ the post where he mentions the Vishnu uppipe it all clicked into place. you're ...

as soon as i actually READ the post where he mentions the Vishnu uppipe it all clicked into place.

you're good to go. no problems. just get a CEL fix.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    do you know what CEL it is?

it sounds like the reduction in backpressure (when you remove the silencer) is what's causing it...but have you had it scaned?

-edit.. i see P0546 and you have a Vinshu uppipe.

this is NORMAL. either get the resistor mod or AP. this is a catless upppipe-related code...and you have a catless uppipe.
    Thanks brotha. Thats what i was looking for. I didn't realize it was a catless uppipe. It didn't say on the parts invoice the previous owner gave me. Where would I get the resistor mod? and is there a place where i can see how to do it. Thanks

ah, missed that too. yeah, just put a resistor on the connector, I think it's 2.2 K ohms....
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsxr600
    Thanks brotha. Thats what i was looking for. I didn't realize it was a catless uppipe. It didn't say on the parts invoice the previous owner gave me. Where would I get the resistor mod? and is there a place where i can see how to do it. Thanks

do a search for "uppipe CEL fix" I believe you need a 2.2k resistor stuck into the harness where the probe plugs in...I'm not sure because I didn't do it myself...I got the AP.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Thanks for all the help fellas. I feel alot better knowing this is normal.

I have same code p0546

ok about a year agon I put an uppipe helix K&N intake and BoV on my 05 wrx and today my CE light came on ran codes and p0546 came up like I said all the aftermarket has been on there for close to a year now and first time the light came on it has gone off once when I started my car but came back on sone as I got up to speed.

the Q I have is this is it normal for it to take so long to trow code or is the sensor its self taking a crap do to the aftermarket parts i have on my car or am I slowly buring up the dam thing I know its hard to say but if you have any ideas pleas let me know

more

this is what the teck says

found code P0546 exhaust temp sensor circuit hi gh input. lol this is good vehicle has been bodified! lol no ****

It definitely the sensor. Just get the fix and you're good to go. You can by the exact resistor you need at radio shack. Snip the end shorter, bend it with some pliars and stick it in. Tape it up... done deal. Takes less than 5 minutes The resistor in a 5 pack cost like $1.28

lol cost .99 here got it fixed thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.