Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

This is a discussion on Fumoto Oil Drain Valve within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just did my oil change this morning. 10,000 miles and switched over to synthetic. I decided that I would ...

Thumbs up Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

I just did my oil change this morning. 10,000 miles and switched over to synthetic. I decided that I would also try out the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve.

My initial impressions are that it will be a great help next oil change. The ability to position the oil pan and just flip a lever to drain will be nice. I use a new OEM cruch waser when installing the valve. The material gasket they provide seemed crappy. Plus the crush washer provides a nice tight seal and acts somewhat like a lock washer.

The valve operates smooth as silk. I think for my own piece of mind i will get a small wire hose clamp to put on the valve stem to make sure the lever can not be accidentily opperated. Looking at it, it would be very difficult to accidentilly open the valve.

I will update this post on my next oil change to see how it is holding up. From what I can tell it will provide leak tight service for may oil changes to come.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I put one in about 20k miles ago, and 4-5 oil changes later I love it. Put one in my wife's car as well. I initially had concernes over it accidentally opening so I added the 'clip' to lock it in place but quickly found it wasnt necessary and havent used it in about a year. Itw as kinda PIA to put it on anyway.

Heck, I wish they made a Fumoto Valve for my motorcycle, I'd put it on there as well!

Update. Well it has been approxamately 1500 miles since my oil change. The Fumoto has not leaked a drop. Assuming this remains trune and it works properly at the next oil change I will be buying another for my other car.

too bad i can't do this......it would make life a little easier......
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    I had one on my WRX and loved it. I bought one for my SRT, but the oil filter sticks out too close so I can't install it.

yea...my oil temp sensor in on the drain plug......so it wont work for me either
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN

Heck, I wish they made a Fumoto Valve for my motorcycle, I'd put it on there as well!
    Don't be so sure of that! What sort of bike do you have? My CBR has the exact same size plug that my CRX did.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

fumoto N

has anyone tried the valve with the nipple? does it stick out of the plastic underbody? will i have any issues with this series?