what places are ok for oil change?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on what places are ok for oil change? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need to get an oil change and don't have time to do it myself right now. Last time i ...

what places are ok for oil change?

I need to get an oil change and don't have time to do it myself right now. Last time i went to the dealership i got my car from, half the oil in my car leaked out into my garage and i had to tighten the drain plug and fill the oil back up in the car. I didn't file any complaint or anything becuase i didn't have time to wait for an appointment 3 weeks later.
    -are places like
    lube express
    jiffylube

ok to get my 06 wrx oil change or should i really go to the dealer?
    anyone else know any good oil change chains?

thanks and sorry if this is already posted i searched in the sitcky and didn't find anything

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just go to some pirvate shop that has a lift. Buy you own oil and filter and have them lift the car up and drain it to their container. Tehy will usually let you stick around the car and you can even fill it up yourself.
    I did this in winter when i didn't want to freeze my butt off lying on the ground under the car.
    Since i have the Fumoto Valve instead of the drain plug it was just a matter of lifting the car up and draining it to the barrel and unscrewing the filter by hand. I gave the guy $10 to do it. :thumbup :
    I'd never go to jiffy lube or simmilar crap to let kids "practice" on my car
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I always change my own oil after so many horror stories floating around, but I will say, back when my car was stock, I did go to a Jiffy Lube and they did a perfect job very quickly. I would never go back now, but I don't think I'd be too nervous if you're in a pinch.
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

I do my own oil when the weather is nice. I even got a nice break to do mine in Jan/Feb this winter.

I did have to take my fiancee's RS to Valvoline and they did the job right. I can't complain. I even have a $5-off coupon. I'm a fan of Valvoline and I don't like Pennzoil, so I go to VOIC when necessary.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I wouldn't go to a quick lube place. I used to take my old beaters to places like that and had my oil filter not tightened down enough twice. Luckly on the car I was driving it was up top and leaked on the engine so it was pretty easy to figure out. If they screwed up on your suby though you wouldn't know it till the oil light came on and you were f'ed. +1 on the local mechanic if you don't want to do it yourself find a friendly one who will let you watch and the such.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I Support ClubWRX
    I would make the time - so what if it is a week or two late.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    DIY. Then you know the job will be done right.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I've taken 4 cars to Jiffy Lubes on occasion, and I haven't had a bad experience yet. I try to avoid them, but I have no qualms if I'm tight on time.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

my bugeye is the easiest car ive ever changed oil on...you barely have to jack up the front end to get to the filter and bolt its rediculous....minus the time it takes for oil to drain its a 10 minute job and essential for anyone to do it themselves who want to get to know there car better....get a feel for howmuch oil you need to put in u get to know how tight the filter is and you have noone else to hassle with but yourself....which isnt even a hassle....be happy ur not installing new plugs or an up pipe

Just say no to JiffyLube! I made the mistake of going there once when I was too busy at the time and they managed to screw it up the ONE time I bring it in (I always do it myself).

The drain plug was not even finger tight as I spun it off with my fingers AFTER it leaked a good 2qts of oil onto my pristine and painted garage floor. grrrr.....

BTW, put a fumoto valve on it and you can do oil changes quicker than a NASCAR pit crew can change a set of tires at Daytona!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.