OIL Analysis Results - I'm so happy now !!!

This is a discussion on OIL Analysis Results - I'm so happy now !!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just thought i'd share. Just got my first oil analysis form Blackstone and looks like my engine is a happy ...

OIL Analysis Results - I'm so happy now !!!

Just thought i'd share. Just got my first oil analysis form Blackstone and looks like my engine is a happy fella and after 48000 happy miles is still going strong almost like new.
    Just for the record, it's a 2002 WRX with AP Stage 2 on it for the last 15k miles and about 5 autox events with this setup. Also there is another 5-6 autox events prior to Stage 2 and the car is a daily driver, driven hard sometimes.
    I did this because recently i've started hearing some clicking and clacking, also i've been smelling some antifreeze burning in the turbo area. Given that i want to get protuned in near future i decided to do this analysis and see if it's worth it to make this engine run even harder. I guess i can go ahead and do this, and hope that the smell of coolant is not the sign of turbo giving up on me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Analysis.jpg  
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How much did they charge you to get the oil tested? And how much did you have to send in?

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats! I have done three of them. It is $20. I just changed my oil last week and forgot to get a sample.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Those results are very good but I share their concern about the Na. Have a look at the turbo and check fo white or grayish stuff. Other than that, it looks fantastic!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Another thought: see if you can find a VOA (virgin oil analytis) of the M1 formulation you are using; maybe they do use Na in the 5W-30 at that level.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanx for the reply guys,
    i do have coolant smoke once in a while from the turbo. No leaks and i can't determine if there is any residual since it's a PITA to take turbo heatshield off
    I'll see in the next result.
    oh another thing, if the turbo burns oil where would that be: housing, seal ?? I don't get fumes in exhaust tho.
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX
    OK, coolant smoke around the turbo area is actually more common than I would like to hear. Recall all the threads with people saying "there's smoke out my hood scoop" and such. One issue I've had is that the clips for the water line to the turbo, and all the clips on the overflow/fill tank above the turbo where the cap is, can and will leak in small bursts -- they'll seep once in a while depending on the line. I replaced the clamp on one of mine after I found a big fat dab of coolant under the fitting on the fill tank. Maybe you've got an external intermitent leak if you smell stuff (best case scenario).

As for oil past the turbo, it'd probably be the seal area (guessing) as they tend to go first (except when they don't, again, I'm guessing).

The extent of me testing my oil is dabing it on my tounge. If it make my toung numb, its fine. If it tastes spicy theres gas in the oil. If it tastes sweet its burned. lol or theirs coolant in it but you can smell it if its burned

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    OK, coolant smoke around the turbo area is actually more common than I would like to hear. Recall all the threads with people saying "there's smoke out my hood scoop" and such. One issue I've had is that the clips for the water line to the turbo, and all the clips on the overflow/fill tank above the turbo where the cap is, can and will leak in small bursts -- they'll seep once in a while depending on the line. I replaced the clamp on one of mine after I found a big fat dab of coolant under the fitting on the fill tank. Maybe you've got an external intermitent leak if you smell stuff (best case scenario).

As for oil past the turbo, it'd probably be the seal area (guessing) as they tend to go first (except when they don't, again, I'm guessing).
    yeah, i know it's pretty common, that's why i'm not too worried about this.
    besides TD04 replacement is like $250 from someone who's swaping for bigger
    Newks: that's pretty unusual, but i guess you've mastered it
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY