Help: 2002 Wrx Losing Boost

This is a discussion on Help: 2002 Wrx Losing Boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 2002 Wrx loses boost from 5000 rpms to 7000 rpms(redline). If anybody has an idea of what the problem ...

Help: 2002 Wrx Losing Boost

My 2002 Wrx loses boost from 5000 rpms to 7000 rpms(redline). If anybody has an idea of what the problem might be, please respond. I'm losing a good bit of horsepower. It goes from .8 or .9 down to .5 during that rpm range. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002 Wrx
    My 2002 Wrx loses boost from 5000 rpms to 7000 rpms(redline). If anybody has an idea of what the problem might be, please respond. I'm losing a good bit of horsepower. It goes from .8 or .9 down to .5 during that rpm range. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    That's perfectly normal. The stock turbo runs out of breath in the upper rpm range.

Are you sure? I thought the peak horsepower(227) was at 6,000 rpms. I can't be still hitting that if I lose power starting at 5,000 rpms. Can I?

I Support ClubWRX
    Um.....there is more to making power in a car then full boost. The turbo will taper off as you get higher in the rev range. Doesnt mean the car is making less power.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"