Subaru WRX Forum banner

2006 WRX Banjo Bolts

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BananaSammiches 
#1 ·
So, I've been doing a little research, and as with almost everything, the answer seems to be very mixed. I am about to install a VF39 into my 2006 WRX, and as I understand it, the banjo bolts for the oil feed line contain screens in them that act as filters, however, it seems that not every WRX/STI has them. My questions are:

1. Does my year of WRX have these screens in the bolts? The reason I ask this is because if I can avoid the extra step of removing the bolt that fastens the oil feed line to the motor, it would save me a headache.

2. If the screens are present in both banjo bolts, would it be overkill to remove both? Some say it isn't necessary for an OEM spec turbo, others say it's recommended to remove both. I just want a no-**** answer.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
If my memory serves me correctly (it's hit-or-miss at best), if the vehicle has AVCS, it has the screen in the oil feed line. My bugeye did not have the screen and IIRC, removal of the screen causes concern with the AVCS operation.

#3 ·
Interesting, thanks! Also, I have read that an easy way to tell if the bolt fastening the oil feed line to the block has the screen in it is whether or not it has a nipple on the top of the bolt. Nipple = screen, flat = no screen. Can anyone confirm? Mine is flat on top.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.