Subaru WRX Forum banner

2011 WRX EWG question

656 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  irickchad 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, this is my first post and I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I currently have a Cobb SF Intake with a Cobb OTS tune. I just recently purchased a catless downpipe and am aware of the boost creep issues that can happen and that EWG is typically the solution. Basically, I'm not trying to shoot for crazy power numbers, I just want a small increase of power with reliability. I planned on getting an uppipe with EWG and an EBCS to help remedy the potential boost creep that might happen (I live in Maryland which can have pretty cold winters). I was also wondering about running the EWG on the stock manifold (like I said, not shooting for big numbers). I've heard the aftermarket manifolds are prone to cracking, I'd like to stay UEL due to the sound (superficial, I know). I've also heard with an EWG, people say to get pump and injectors but didn't know if that'd be completely necessary since I'm perfectly ok with being around 280ish.

#2 ·
Why not spend cash to get a catted downpipe, and sell your catless to recoup funds?

An EWG is a $1000+ mod after everything is said and done, and if you're not worried about power, it's kind of trivial as to why you'd want one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.