Subaru WRX Forum banner

New 2017 WRX base with erratic idle??

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  a_user 
#1 ·
So I just got the 2017 WRX base 6spd and I'm noticing a slightly erratic idle. It's not smooth or constant like I would expect a new car to be. 218 miles on the odom and we've been babying it since since it had 16 miles. I'm new to Subarus so maybe this is normal for Subarus or wrxs but no clue. The needle stays pretty steady but I can feel the loping and stumbling.

Is this normal or should I be worried?

#3 ·
Bra, Just try a little Monster in the gas. I think that will str8ten you right out. I noticed with mine as soon as I stopped playing Mac Miller and Switched to Skillrex everything got much smoother and tighter. Word ! I gotta run Mom says the totinos pizza rolls are done cant let them get cold. Deuces !

#8 ·
Fantastic replies....especially the monster and Skrillex references. The idle is definitely wandering a bit. Not a crazy amount but more than I expected. Based on the replies though it seems I'm expecting too much. If it's normal then I'm cool with it just wondering

#9 ·
Yes, this is completely normal, hence, nothing to worry about. My 2017 WRX Premium does exactly the same thing, a product of the stock tune. Interesting that the needle stays constant but the loping and/or stumbling you mention is still there. I spoke with 2 different dealerships (technicians), as well as a local tuner and they all said the same thing. It's the stock tune. My car runs perfectly, 1500 miles so far, but the stumble and/or lope is still there at idle. Plan to have the Cobb Accessport and Pro Tune done here in a few weeks, so we'll see how that affects it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.