2017 Serpentine belt question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2017 Serpentine belt question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was under the hood of my 2017 WRX with 2,200 miles and notice the serpentine belt stiching was coming ...

LRA

2017 Serpentine belt question

I was under the hood of my 2017 WRX with 2,200 miles and notice the serpentine belt stiching was coming apart. From what i could observe the belt and joint appear normal otherwise. I spoke with a few mechanics including the dealer and was told "it's normal" and other say to "replace it". The dealer did order a new belt under warranty but has not replaced it yet. The threads seem like they are soft and would wear easily. I guess there is no point in replacing it if the next will do the same and won't affect longevity.

Anyone have experience with this issue or input?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have never seen this on any of my vehicles. I can't believe it is normal. I'd replace it.

LRA
    Quote Originally Posted by rqjoe View Post
    I have never seen this on any of my vehicles. I can't believe it is normal. I'd replace it.
    Thanks for the input.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.