Power windows and door lock problems
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Power windows and door lock problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought a 2006 wrx sedan and before I picked it up he told me that the master switch ...

Power windows and door lock problems

I recently bought a 2006 wrx sedan and before I picked it up he told me that the master switch had just gone out, and all I have to do is replace it and all the windows will work again. You guessed it - that didn't work. Just got a new switch in the mail today and plugged it in but no luck. I also checked the SBF6 fuse and that looks good, also checked the door lock fuse in the smaller fuse box. None of these seem to be the problem. Every switch on every door doesn't work. The mirrors can't adjust, windows don't go down (it doesn't even sound like the car is trying. when I press the button absolutely nothing happens). Also the driver door never locks, even when I use the key fab all the other doors lock except the driver door. Sorry if this problem has been posted before, I have been looking for an answer literally all day and can't find anyone with the same problem as me.

When I went to an auto parts store he told me I probably need a new relay for the power windows and sold me one, but when I went to go put it in I have no idea where it would go... It looks just like the relays for the horn and headlights. I already have so much that I have to put into the engine of this car I am trying to avoid taking it to a shop at all costs. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There should be a schematic on the box to tell you where it goes. If not search around the webernet and see if you can find a factory service manual. I had to completely rewire my connectors on my master panel in the door after the previous owner wired stuff into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

I figured there would be one too, but none of the diagrams show anything about a power window relay. I have looked at the diagram for the main fuse box and the fuse box by the steering wheel and nothing. These are the diagrams:

http://i.imgur.com/vLQ7Oew.jpg
    this shows what the relays are for, but nothing about windows

http://i.imgur.com/dOnVAiH.jpg
    this shows exactly what the fuses are for, but nothing about the relays.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would grab a wiring diagram, it should tell you where it goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

To save a whole lot of time and aggravation i would suggest taking it to a Subaru dealer and pay them to diagnose it for you. normally its only a 1 hour charge but if you have them fix it they should apply that towards your bill. electrical problems are the worst

That workshop that sold you stuff didn't ask you to bring the car in so that they could install the relay for you? You could try to bring your car back to them if you don't want to fix it in yourself and tell them that you bought the part for them anyway. I'm sure they'd be happy to take care of the job for you.

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    this is from my 15 manual. this relay box is hard to get to but is beside/behind the fuse box down in front of the driver's left knee.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 8.00.54 AM.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.