2015 WRX rotating in motion sound coming from driver side front
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX rotating in motion sound coming from driver side front within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 2015 WRX (26k miles) is making small rotating in motion sound from driver side front when car is moving ...

2015 WRX rotating in motion sound coming from driver side front

My 2015 WRX (26k miles) is making small rotating in motion sound from driver side front when car is moving (either in gear or not in gear) I first thought that the noise was coming from the front wheel...so the Subaru dealer checked all of my wheels, brakes, bearings and they were fine. While I was at the dealer, the mechanic couldn't identify the noise when I kept pointing out. I'm not 100% sure where the noise is coming from but I have a vague sense that it's coming from the firewall. The noise sounds like a wheel spinning really fast WITHOUT metal grinding, humming, or friction sounds.....that's the best I can describe. Also I wanna point out that I have group N transmission mount installed and engine guard has a small bent from scrape. Can one of these be the reasons why? I'm really confused.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You could be hearing the internals of the transmission or clutch. If you put in a super rigid transmission mount less gets dampened out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    You could be hearing the internals of the transmission or clutch. If you put in a super rigid transmission mount less gets dampened out.

yeah....it's very rigid. does transmission or clutch have spinning mechanism while driving?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes.

All? NO ALL!

Yes.

Alright!

It's your transmission, everything in there spins. I can tell you my former JK Jeep before it died you had a random whirr noise. If you have a CVT they have a distinct spinning noise too from the ones I've been in.

It's common for people to hear the throw out bearing. I've seen several threads mentioning noisy ones.

All? NO ALL!

It's your transmission, everything in there spins. I can tell you my former JK Jeep before it died you had a random whirr noise. If you have a CVT they have a distinct spinning noise too from the ones I've been in.

It's common for people to hear the throw out bearing. I've seen several threads mentioning noisy ones.

I'm going to revert my group N transmission to OEM one to see if the noise goes away. It's not loud but it drives me nuts. If the noise still exists, you think it may be the transmission bearing? I pressed down the clutch while my car was moving....it still spins. So I'm assuming the clutch TOB is fine.

Exactly what it is I can't say for sure. But with a super stiff mount that leads me to believe the rotational vibrations of all the parts in the transmission are feeding back through the mount.

Before you get hard at it, does the sound change as you roll faster? As the engine spins up? What conditions cause change to the sound?

All? NO ALL!

Exactly what it is I can't say for sure. But with a super stiff mount that leads me to believe the rotational vibrations of all the parts in the transmission are feeding back through the mount.

Before you get hard at it, does the sound change as you roll faster? As the engine spins up? What conditions cause change to the sound?

the sound seems monotone...and doesn't change. However, the spinning rate changes as my car slows down on any condition.

I reverted back to OEM transmission mount. Rotaing in motion sound still exists from driver side. Could my bent skid plate possibly create vibration or rotaing noise? It's bent inward toward the turbo.

Perhaps, the spinning rate is vehicle speed related?

All? NO ALL!

Perhaps, the spinning rate is vehicle speed related?

Yes

Look at the dust shields behind the brake rotors.

All? NO ALL!

Look at the dust shields behind the brake rotors.

No bent nor touching the rotor

Anything behind them? I'm really not sure. It's got to be something that is in contact with a drive line component or it would change with engine rpm

All? NO ALL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.