Subaru WRX Forum banner

2016 WRX clutch making clicking noises *Video*

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Vorden 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my 2016 WRX clutch started making new noises a week or so ago, car has just under 1600 miles on it, is it something to be concerned about or is this a just a Subaru thing?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Might be a Subaru thing. I have a '17 Limited and it made a similar clicking sound from day one. I have 2880mi on it and the clutch works normally. I also am starting to get the throwout bearing whine on cold starts, but the clutch operates just fine and the noise goes away after a few miles. I'm going to document the noise with the dealer once I take it in for the 3000mi oil change.

#4 ·
Had the same problem, plus the whining noise. Had the whole pedal assembly, throw out bering etc... replaced under warranty. Also see if you can get someone besides you press your clutch pedal, mine was stiff, but I did not feel it, I guess it got like that over time and I got used to it.

#6 ·
Since you're still under warranty, I'd take it to the dealer to inquire. After all, they did tell me to contact them with any questions or concerns. If nothing else, they will then have it on record that you had a concern, they looked at it, and then dismissed it as normal. If something were to happen, that would possibly be of a benefit to you since you had them check it out, but they dismissed it.

#8 ·
Hum, they replaced the master cylinder and the noise persists, they now talking to SOA to see what they want to do. Hopefully they'll figure something out soon, car been there a week now. (partly because I told them to keep it while waiting for the part to come in)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.