Subaru WRX Forum banner

Subaru WRX 2002 alarm problem?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AltairRules 
#1 ·
I just bought a Subaru WRX 2002, which only came with one key. I drove it then locked it with the button inside.
When I opened it with a key, then opened the door. The alarm goes off.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Do you know why?
Is there a way to fix it?
Is there a way to turn off the alarm when it goes off, with just the key?

#4 · (Edited)
Ok I'll be helpful since they're being smart a**es lol
1&2: it's not a problem, using the key to unlock the door and then opening it, sets off the alarm since you aren't using a key fob to deactivate the alarm before opening the door.
3: There's nothing to fix unless you don't want your car to ever alarm, in which case consult your manual about "valet mode"
4: Get in the car and turn the key from OFF to ON to OFF 3 times to silence the alarm.
Bonus! Get a replacement key fob for your car and program it to your car as per the owners manual so you can lock/arm and unlock/disarm with the push of a button.
Bonus x2 OMG! Here's a link to a replacement for you https://www.remotesremotes.com/Prod...69Z-SHELL-x2&gclid=CN6_yoKXjM8CFdQ9gQodIX4GVA

#5 ·
Ok I'll be helpful since they're being smart a**es lol
Your post went above and beyond a direct answer and was very helpful. However nobody was being anything other than truthful and concise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.