The Noise Persists
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Noise Persists within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I've had a weird noise coming from my front driver side wheel for a while now. It started as ...

The Noise Persists

So I've had a weird noise coming from my front driver side wheel for a while now. It started as a high pitched distinct squeak which was oscillating and relative to speed and somewhat relevant to wheel position. Initially I thought it was brakes so I now the car has new rotors, pads, and different front calipers. After that install, the problem was not resolved and continued to squeak. My next thought was the cv joint. So, I installed a new cv half shaft last weekend and noticed a change. Now, the squeak mainly occurs when the wheel is turned slightly or coming to a stop and the squeak has changed to a low creak. When driving straight the car does not make the noise. I don't believe it's the wheel bearing because it is not a constant grinding/whirring noise. My other hypothesis is that it is the tie rod end, which could possibly provide an explanation for the change in tone of the sound since the tie rod end was moved and constantly worked during the cv half shaft job. I'm confused here and any input would be appreciated.
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Your name makes me think of the Star Trek movie where they haul the whales to talk with the alien ship.

I have had squeak/squeal on 2 different cars; both times it was a small steel bracket that had somehow gotten bent so it touched the rotor. It squeeked variably depending on speed and wheel position.

Lol never heard of that Star Trek movie before but I'll take another look at the dust shield and around the back of the rotor to look for any abnormalities.
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.