Subaru WRX Forum banner

Boost Solenoid

912 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AndrewSSti 
#1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if someone had any insight into what is going on with my car..
first off I drive a 2013 WRX sedan premium trim.. with cobb SF intake and a Invidia Q300 cat back exhaust.. I am in stage 1 map 93

I was driving to work this morning and my check engine light came on as well as traction control light and my cruise control light was blinking (Apparently limp mode) so i drove it right to a shop where they looked at it and reset the lights and said it was ok to drive.. but he said something about the wastegate. He also said the boost solenoid was getting confused because its not receiving as much as it thinks it should??

I know that is pretty vague I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what is going on here??

#6 ·
Okay.. that's the code for overboost. It likely happened under high gear, low rpm WOT conditions.. which should be avoided for several reasons. The car should be fine to drive as long as you keep from over boosting again. It's more or less an issue with the tune, but like I said, you should be avoiding high load low rpm conditions regardless. The LWG map from Cobb will likely fix the issue, although a good custom tune is always the best option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.