Subaru WRX Forum banner

Burning oil

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  XJman 
#1 ·
Okay long story short I bought my car(06 wrx) about 9 months ago when I bought it I was told it had a vf39 with supporting mods but in my searches to find why I'm burning so much oil I pulled the turbo only to find that it's a td04 and I've been running the Cobb ots vf39 tune on it for as long as I've owned and and who knows how long it was before me, the turbo is bad in my mind has some shaft play, basically my question is, could this cause my burning oil problem? I've had a compression test done and everything was good any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
How much oil is it burning? Some oil consumption is normal. Depending on age, mileage, and oil weight your consumption will vary. I would venture to guess up to a quart per 1000m is considered normal to some.

On average my 255 burns less than a quart of rotrlla t6 every 3k.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
At risk of taking over a thread, I also have a question about burning oil. I drive an 06 WRX and have only recently been noticing blue smoke (last 1000K or so). Iv'e also recently made the switch to T6. The symptoms appear to be indicative of passing the 160K mark and having the usual oil blow by symptoms. Slight wisps of blue smoke at first idle of the day and about a quart every oil change. Should I start shopping for a new turbo? Or just buy a catch can because its normal? I have been running cobb st2 for about 140k. Sorry if this counts as a takeover. Ill publish my own thread if so. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.