Issue with 02' WRX - WOT 4-4500 RPM - Shutter/Hesitation
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Issue with 02' WRX - WOT 4-4500 RPM - Shutter/Hesitation within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys, Having an issue with my 2002 WRX. When I'm pushing the car at WOT or close to WOT ...

Issue with 02' WRX - WOT 4-4500 RPM - Shutter/Hesitation

Hey Guys,

Having an issue with my 2002 WRX.

When I'm pushing the car at WOT or close to WOT - it stutters, jerks, hesitates and has a loss of power at around the 4500RPM mark.

I've changed spark plugs and it did make a difference but the issue is still there.

I'm considering resetting the ECU before trying anything else but I'm a bit hesitant about the ECU having to relearn.

Here is a bit
    of background on the car and what mods I'm running etc.

* Subaru factory forged EJ207 semi-closed block (<7000KM)
    * Tuned to E85 on 25PSI - Very safe tune.
    * 11mm oil pump, new water pump, new radiator, new timing belt kit with new pulleys, idlers and tensioner installed at same time as semi closed block.
    * TD05-20g Billet Wheel Turbo
    * Full 3 Inch Exhaust
    * GFB Electronic 3 Port Boost Controller W/ Overboost Safety Function - 6 boost settings - I generally run it on the 22PSI setting.
    * Cold Air Intake (also tuned for it)
    * STi Intercooler
    * Silicon Intake, Silicon Y Pipe,
    * DW300 Fuel Pump
    * ID1000 Injectors.
    * New A/C compressor and hoses (regassed)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can you read the IDCs? Any intake/vacuum leaks?
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

Quote Originally Posted by mustwarnorcas View Post
    Can you read the IDCs? Any intake/vacuum leaks?
    No way for me to read the IDC's.
    No visible leaks that I can see.

I doubt you'd be maxing out ID1000s but just a good place to start, any lights or cels when you get the hesitation?
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

Quote Originally Posted by mustwarnorcas View Post
    I doubt you'd be maxing out ID1000s but just a good place to start, any lights or cels when you get the hesitation?
    What's the best way to check the injectors? Or should I just get a mechanic to?

No lights or CEL's when the issue occurs, I am using an 06' STi dash though so if that wasn't wired correctly CEL might not show at all?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.