Jerky Gears and other things
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Jerky Gears and other things within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My car is a 2010 impreza wrx completely stock with 55000km on the clock. I am the second owner. I ...

Jerky Gears and other things

My car is a 2010 impreza wrx completely stock with 55000km on the clock. I am the second owner.
    I have searched the forums but non of the posts seem to describe the problem im having. So basically this happens in the low range of the RPM, especially when creeping. So in first and second gear after putting the car in gear and having no pedals pressed the car will jerk back and forth and the needle sometimes jumps as it is heading down below 2000k RPMs. Now if i am giving it gas and let go of the throttle while in gear this only makes it shake more. Is this my driving habit or possible some teeth missing or even a misfire? Note mostly noticeable while the compressor is running. I don't know but could it just be a wrx thing, previous cars ive owned which were manual also, didn't have this problem.

Another things is that im pretty sure i get drive-train backlash too is this a common thing when switching gears fast? Seems like a loud thud in the rear.
    And do all damn WRXs have that stupid heat shield rattle just before the turbo kicks in any recommendations on how to fix it. Possibly a completely new exhaust system?

If you didn't understand what im on about im sorry i have trouble understanding myself sometimes too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Normal with an AWD manual car. Don't coast at low RPMs and low gear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Normal with an AWD manual car. Don't coast at low RPMs and low gear

What's sort of car are you driving? I was even thinking I could have lost some teeth on the gears.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vodzi View Post
    What's sort of car are you driving? I was even thinking I could have lost some teeth on the gears.
    A Maserati. He's just on the WRX forums for fun
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vodzi View Post
    Look at my signature.

Trust me. It's normal. My 2003 did it. My 2015 does it. My 2008 MS3 did not.

You have front and rear wheels coupled to a transmission. Under drive, the torque is flowing to the wheels under the normal torque split. As soon as you let off the throttle, the relationship changes. Any slop and hysteresis in the driveline can result in surging and stuttering.

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.