Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015/16 WRX Rev Hang-Drivability Issues.

9K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jbpkp 
#1 ·
I have had these issues ever since I bought mine in Aug. of 2014 and I have heard of others as well in their 2015-2016 WRX's. These issues were; Rev hang, jerking hesitation after clutch engagement, inconsistent throttle response and various codes thrown like P0332 etc.. I was about to go for an aftermarket retune when my dealership told me there was a brand new tune from Subaru that just came out. I was one of the first three WRX owners to have it done this past Friday. The difference is night and day! It drives like a new car! The old ECM cal ID is: LV9N002D. The NEW cal ID is: LF75300S. If anybody has these or similar problems, I would ask your dealership service dept. and try it. It cant hurt and more importantly....its free!:D

#6 ·
there is now a recall

Subaru Service Program WQW-58

Dear Subaru Owner:

We would like to thank you for your selection of a Subaru vehicle. We take pride in our products and are committed to your continued satisfaction.

Subaru has developed a modification to the Engine Control Module (ECM) software logic due to a possible
pre-ignition issue on certain 2015 model year WRX vehicles and certain 2014 and 2015 model year 2.0XT Forester vehicles, equipped with a 2.0 liter turbocharged engine.

You received this notice because our records indicate that you currently own one of these vehicles.

DESCRIPTION
Under certain high engine load driving conditions, engine combustion may occur prior to spark ignition resulting in elevated cylinder temperatures and pressures. This could cause a rough idle and engine noise, and if left unaddressed it could lead to excessive erosion of the spark plugs and possible engine damage.

REPAIR
The repair will be performed at no cost to you. Subaru will inspect your vehicle and reprogram the ECM. If any related spark plug or engine damage is detected during the inspection, your vehicle will be repaired.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
You should immediately contact your Subaru retailer (dealer) for an appointment to have this repair performed.

HOW LONG WILL THE REPAIR TAKE?
The time to perform the inspection and reprogramming is approximately three hours. However, it may be necessary to leave your vehicle for a longer period of time on the day of your scheduled appointment to allow your Subaru retailer flexibility in scheduling, or for repair.

CALIFORNIA REGISTERED OWNERS
The California Air Resources Board requires that emission related campaigns be completed prior to California’s vehicle registration renewal process; without this repair, you will not be able to register your vehicle during your next annual registration. Upon completion of this campaign, your California dealer will complete and provide you a “Proof of Correction Certificate.” If required, present the certificate to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (the “DMV”) when renewing your California registration as proof of campaign completion. If the DMV does not request the certificate, we recommend that you keep it for your records.

In addition, the State of California requires that every vehicle must pass an emission test (SMOG Check) every two years and before it is sold. Without the service we are providing at no charge, your vehicle may not pass this test.

#8 ·
there is now a recall

Subaru Service Program WQW-58

HOW LONG WILL THE REPAIR TAKE?
The time to perform the inspection and reprogramming is approximately three hours. However, it may be necessary to leave your vehicle for a longer period of time on the day of your scheduled appointment to allow your Subaru retailer flexibility in scheduling, or for repair.

3 hours for a re-flash???

#12 · (Edited)
Interesting. Just checked 'mysubaru' and nothing for my car. Took delivery in December '15. Guess I'm good to go. Next...check the wife's XT.

Edit: wife's '15 XT is on the recall list. Made an appt for Mon. She keeps it in 'I' mode 100% of the time & never complained about anything & I never noticed anything strange when I drove it.

Sent from my iBrain using telepathy

#17 ·
I got the recall notice for my '15 WRX, and had an appointment today. My car is 100% stock, took delivery of it in June of 2014, and now has 26K miles. Today, they took a couple hours, and called me up to the service desk. Leakdown test showed a 30% loss. The dealership said they would call SOA and see what to do next, but led me to believe that they would probably do a full engine replacement (under warrantee of course). Got the loaner car, and headed home. Supposedly they are going to call me shortly to discuss the plan of action and timetable. Also, when I first checked the car in for service, ironically, I asked how many of these cars showed damage from the bad ECU software, and the service manager said they had found "2 in the area" that had problems (I live in SoCal, so that could be as small or large of an "area" as you deem it to be). Of course, mine showed leakdown test problems (does that make me the 3rd?!?!? haha). Anyways, want to share my experience here and see if anyone else had a similar issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.