Buying a used WRX, What to look for?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Buying a used WRX, What to look for? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; New to the world of Scoobs so pardon me for any ignorance... I am in the market for a used ...

Buying a used WRX, What to look for?

New to the world of Scoobs so pardon me for any ignorance... I am in the market for a used WRX. I've driven a stock 2002 before and love the car, I've found a 2003 with 54,000 miles on it for $8,000 which seems like a good deal to me. It has all stock OEM parts on it which is a huge plus but, The thing that worries me is that its had its clutch (at 29k miles), radiator (In 2014, Because of "a leak"), and catalytic converters (jan 2016) all replaced already, doesn't it seem strange this has been done so early in the cars life? The car has only had one owner who I'm going to meet and speak with soon. He claims he has only used the car for commuting to work which is consistent with the mileage and age of the car. He has also provided the VIN and carfax report. The report did denote that an accident was reported, The owner says he was sideswiped and the only replacement was a rear passenger side panel. What I'm wondering is how this deal would sound to current, more knowledgeable Subie owners. Also what exactly to look for when shopping for used WRX's. What parts are common problem areas, Which wear and tear parts seem to go first, How can you tell the car has been driven roughly, What are some red flags for Subaru, How can I tell if the can has been modded then de-modded? etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds pretty normal given the age of the vehicle. @ 10 years old it should've also had the timing belt/water pump service done.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.