Low Oil / Low Oil Pressure Light 2015 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Low Oil / Low Oil Pressure Light 2015 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I just purchased a 2015 Wrx with 3100 miles about 1 Week ago, and this morning I got in ...

Low Oil / Low Oil Pressure Light 2015 WRX

So I just purchased a 2015 Wrx with 3100 miles about 1 Week ago, and this morning I got in my car and let it warm up for about 10 minutes as I usually do considering it was about 35 degrees out this morning. As I pulled out of my apartment complex, my oil light came on for about 5 Minutes then turned back off. I put about 1200 miles on it since I purchased it and was told the oil had already been changed. I am unsure if it was my "Low Oil Light" or "Oil Pressure Light". After the light already turned off, I pulled over and checked my oil, wasn't low and had a good clean color to it. Does anyone have an idea of what could have possibly caused this to happen? I plan on getting an oil change after work, just in case. I bought it from a ford dealership and who knows what kind of oil they put in. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Anytime you buy a new car, change the oil on your own, just to be on the safe side.

Couldve been an underfill, or filled with some garbage OW-20 or something that the car didn't like.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

If you check the pull back on the I button on the bottom of the wheel it will tell you what the warning is. If you are not clear.
    2016 WRX
    1993 Typhoon
    2005 STi SOLD

Low oil can be a culprit. As you turn and the oil pools to one side it can kick a sensor especially if it pools away from the pick up tube.

How long did you let the car sit before you checked it, and was the ground level? Are you positive it was full? There is a dot and a notch that indicate full, not just to the f

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going to the Subaru Dealership after work, and changed out the oil just to be on the safe side. They told me its not something to be worried about since it turned right back off minutes later. Least now I Know its filled up with some 5W-30

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.