Oil shooting from turbo when car is turned on?? 2005 wrx sti 131k miles silver
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Oil shooting from turbo when car is turned on?? 2005 wrx sti 131k miles silver within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, have a 2005 wrx sti that I just got gifted to me. Cars inter cooler was off and ...

Oil shooting from turbo when car is turned on?? 2005 wrx sti 131k miles silver

Hi guys, have a 2005 wrx sti that I just got gifted to me. Cars inter cooler was off and exhaust flange bolts were removed. I put everything back together and oil is flying out from either in or somewhere around turbo. exhaust side of veins feel a little loose so I'm thinking that maybe the turbo is bad? Can someone chime in a share a few pointers as to the obvious items that should be checked?

Would it be worth rebuilding this turbo? thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

85 views and not one person chimes in and offers help...rofl...unreal

anyone???????????

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy) SD_GR's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yodizzle View Post
    Hi guys, have a 2005 wrx sti that I just got gifted to me. Cars inter cooler was off and exhaust flange bolts were removed.
    Why?

I put everything back together and oil is flying out from either in or somewhere around turbo.
    Find out exactly where and why, and post back.

exhaust side of veins feel a little loose so I'm thinking that maybe the turbo is bad?
    What does this mean? Is there play? Is the play lateral or vertical? Is this the source of the oil?

Can someone chime in a share a few pointers as to the obvious items that should be checked?
    Is the actual oil supply to the turbo secure? Why was the car apart?

Would it be worth rebuilding this turbo? thanks guys
    That depends on which turbo you have, and I'm not convinced there's something wrong with it. Is there?
    Now the thunder rails in the great mainsails, and the stars desert the skies
    And the rigging strains as the hands of rain, reach down to wash your eyes
    - Al Stewart
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Check the drain hose for the turbo and other various turbo plumbing
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

Banned
    i am guessing it is either the oil feed, or return lines. perhaps the last owner was in the process of disassembly when you got the car? the info you gave points to that being the issue. you can look at a schematic, or parts order form at your local dealer. to not only see what parts are involved, but order from the part numbers if they need to be replaced.

Is the oil coming from the yellow or the red circled part? The yellow is the oil feed, which is pressurized. The red is the return and it is not. Did you put the copper crush washers on either side of the banjo bolt/oil fitting.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.