Subaru WRX Forum banner

2012 Subaru WRX Stage 2

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  ethanwrx 
#1 ·
Hey guys I need some insight on an intermittent issue with the car idle on start up. I have a Cobb SF intake, Grimmspeed catted DP, and GFB TMS respons set to 50/50 with the Cobb AP stage 2 OTS tune. The car will start and idle will be extremely rough to the point of shutoff but once you turn it off and then start it up again it's fine.

#2 ·
Hey guys I need some insight on an intermittent issue with the car idle on start up. I have a Cobb SF intake, Grimmspeed catted DP, and GFB TMS respons set to 50/50 with the Cobb AP stage 2 OTS tune. The car will start and idle will be extremely rough to the point of shutoff but once you turn it off and then start it up again it's fine.
this may have something to do with it. do you have your stock bpv? if you swap that out for the stock bpv, it might be the difference. or set the bov to completely shut/recirc if thats a possibility.

someone else care to chime in?

#5 ·
with this said, have you checked for a boost leak? when you say strain, is it like lag, or a slight bucking, or both? a rough idle can also be a result of a boost leak.

how long has it been stage 2 ots?
did it run efficiently at some point? if so,
at what point (after certain steps of install)?

#6 ·
Your BOV has nothing to do with your car going into boost. It holds boost. Your OTS map doesn't support that BOV and I guarantee your harming your car.

However, as far as your startup issue. How many miles on the car? My '11 Stage 2 did the same thing, I changed the spark plugs and it fixed the issue.

#9 ·
Look, I am telling you whole heartedly that having that BOV on your car when it's tuned to be recirculating isn't helping your car any. If you come back in 6 months with a " My car blew up whyyyyyy" thread.. that's going to be a big part of the reason, but I can't make you change it. Do what you want.

That aside, if it's still doing it after the plugs and you dont know what's wrong then take it to the dealer or a Subaru shop.

#15 ·
Email him and let him know you're running the 50/50 BOV. He'll either tune it that way or tell you to set it back to recirc so he can tweak it the right way to fix the issue you said you were having with it on recirc before. He tuned my old WRX, he really is great at what he does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.