2016 WRX acceleration
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2016 WRX acceleration within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2016 WRX with just less than 1000 miles. It pulls hard to about 4000RPM than it seams ...

2016 WRX acceleration

I have a 2016 WRX with just less than 1000 miles. It pulls hard to about 4000RPM than it seams to drop off in acceleration. Going past 5000 seams like there is nothing happening. I mean it accelerates but not to the same intensity as from 1000 RPM to 4000RPM. Is this normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's normal. If you could see the power and torque curves of stock v protune there is a noticeable difference. Both the throttle and power curve are much more linear after the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    It's normal. If you could see the power and torque curves of stock v protune there is a noticeable difference. Both the throttle and power curve are much more linear after the tune.
    I been thinking about a tune but the dealers mechanic said the warranty will be voided. However, if I can get a mild tune to make the power more liner with little risk to damage the motor I think I would do it. There is a tune shop close to the dealer that does WRX's.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Why are you going past 5K RPM's at less than 1,000 mi. That's the real question.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Why are you going past 5K RPM's at less than 1,000 mi. That's the real question.

Because. I have 954 miles that to me close enough and I plan to change my oil at 1000

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What makes you think it would pull hard past 5000rpm?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    +1

The COBB Stage 1 tune fixes this issue. Among many others such as rev hang, and throttle positioning.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

This.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
    +1

The COBB Stage 1 tune fixes this issue. Among many others such as rev hang, and throttle positioning.
    Thinking about this how does this effect the life of the engine? I mean if I keep the revs under 7000 I should be OK? Not sure does this engine have a rev limiter?

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    This.

what is "this"?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

Not really looking for it to pull hard over 5000 but more even. It feel at 5000 there is a door got open very a lack of power, no reason to go beyond 5000 as there is nothing left?

Quote Originally Posted by franktr View Post
    what is "this"?
    As in what I had in the quote there.

Quote Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
    That not entirely true - depends on whether the Cobb tune is efficient at the location being used. Here the Cobb tune makes it better, and a pro-tune fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by franktr View Post
    Thinking about this how does this effect the life of the engine? I mean if I keep the revs under 7000 I should be OK? Not sure does this engine have a rev limiter?
    There is a limiter, but consider it to be a safety feature rather than a driving aid. Even with a tune you will start to see the power curve lessen at around 5-6k, with more being available in the lower range of the next gear (play around and find the sweet spots). As for the life of the engine - a good stage 1 tune has the potential to reduce problems, while a bad one can cause catastrophic failure.

I should add that when you tune your car you risk the chance of a warranty denial should something happen to your engine or other parts of the drive system.

I Support ClubWRX
    That not entirely true - depends on whether the Cobb tune is efficient at the location being used. Here the Cobb tune makes it better, and a pro-tune fixes it.

Probably true. I only have experience with the Stage 1 tune in CA. So I guess take it for what it's worth.

I went with an E-Tune just before moving to CO, then E-tuned again for the non-CA gas, and higher altitude. Planning on two more Etunes here in a month or so for Stage 2+ and E85
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

There is a limiter, but consider it to be a safety feature rather than a driving aid. Even with a tune you will start to see the power curve lessen at around 5-6k, with more being available in the lower range of the next gear (play around and find the sweet spots). As for the life of the engine - a good stage 1 tune has the potential to reduce problems, while a bad one can cause catastrophic failure.

I should add that when you tune your car you risk the chance of a warranty denial should something happen to your engine or other parts of the drive system.
    I am guessing you have a tune shop? A little far for me. Do you have a recommendation for a tune shop in Houston Texas?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.