RE: Harbor Freight Pittsburgh Jacks
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on RE: Harbor Freight Pittsburgh Jacks within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking to get a better jack than what I've bought in the past -- namely the crappy 1 1/2 to ...

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar

RE: Harbor Freight Pittsburgh Jacks

Looking to get a better jack than what I've bought in the past -- namely the crappy 1 1/2 to 2 ton trolley jacks that invariably get bent, the wheels get splayed out or it just stops working.

Anyone have any experience with the Pittsburgh jacks offered by Harbor Freight?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, I have this one: Heavy Duty 3 Ton Floor Jack w/ Rapid Pump

Had it for 4 years, never had an issue with it. Of course with any jack, always use jack stands.

Coincidentally, I also have a HF trolley jack that's 5 years old, and it's still working fine, although I only use it for light duty stuff now where the bigger jack won't fit.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I got the 3 ton aluminum racing jack from there (3 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with RapidPump®) about 3 years ago. They put it on sale pretty regularly -- it is $50 off right now. Have never had an issue with it and I really like the way it works. 3-4 pumps to go from flat to fully lifted. When down it is quite low and gets under everything I have needed it for. Rolls nice too. The 2.5 ton one (part #62309) is also on sale at ~$40 less.

Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (SubiSpeed LED DRL boomerang, OLM HID 5000K low-beams, OSRAM 5000K high-beams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint
    Other current: '92 Stealth RT/TT, '07 Avalanche LTZ
    Previous: '04 Saab 9-3, '02 WRX, '94 3000GT SL, '91 Eclipse GSX, '82 Porsche 931 (924 turbo), '79 Saab 900T, '81 Mitsubishi Starion, '80 Triumph Spitfire, '74 Saab Sonett III, '72 Opel GT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.