Car won't start out of no where.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Car won't start out of no where. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Have had my 09 from the dealer with little to no problems. Friday i drove about 80 miles round trip ...

Car won't start out of no where.

Have had my 09 from the dealer with little to no problems. Friday i drove about 80 miles round trip and parked the car. Got in turned the key all the electrical turned on and when i turn the key all the way over i hear a humm from behind when i think is the fuel pump, other than that no other noise. I checked all my connections and tried to use jumper cables to start it with no luck. I also checked the fuses and the battery is good. I checked to see if i had any trouble codes and the car came out clean. I had my wife push it with her car (had to get home) and i was able to get it started by popping first gear with the push. and it ran fine, but once it was shut off at home it did not start again.

Any ideas?
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the battery, grounds, and charging system are perfectly fine, which assuming they are since the fuel pump turns, check your clutch switch or adjusting the switch or clutch pedal

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Also check the starter relay.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.