Throttle Hesitation on WRX 2015
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Throttle Hesitation on WRX 2015 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all so today and yesterday are the first days I've gotten on my car since owning it new. I ...

Throttle Hesitation on WRX 2015

Hi all so today and yesterday are the first days I've gotten on my car since owning it new. I notice when shifting from first to second with throttle to the floor and clutch fully disengaged I get about one second before throttle goes back to wide open. It just feels like a quick Hesitation then kicks back into throttle. Normal? It's almost like I'm shifting to fast or something. I'll bet if I slowed down it would stay. But seems irrelevant to the situation. Just wondering what I could try. I got the access port today and am running a stage 1 93 octane map. It does it with the map and it did it before the ap. Looking for any ideas. Maybe I just suck at shifting this car and need more practice? It's different response than a lot of other manual cars I've driven. Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wide open first to second , how many miles on the car ?

Everything else sounds normal .
    2015 WRX Limited

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's probably your clutch slipping from being slammed back into a WOT shift..... How many miles do you have on your car.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

I'm hoping you have more than 1000 miles on the car if you're doing tunes and WOT shifts lol. If not, you need to follow the break in period and drive under 4k rpm at varying speeds until you hit 1000+ miles.

... And do the 1000 mile oil change.

1600 miles. I did break in period. I also did 1000 mile oil change.

Sweet deal! As Irickchad mentioned above, it is probably the clutch slipping on the WOT hard shifts. I drove a couple manual cars that exhibited the same behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Europort View Post
    Sweet deal! As Irickchad mentioned above, it is probably the clutch slipping on the WOT hard shifts. I drove a couple manual cars that exhibited the same behavior.
    So brand new car and my clutch is slipping on WOT? Is something that needs to be fixed?

I personally think the clutch and pressure plate still need a little more time to break in before they can handle the WOT fast shifts. But, I very well may be wrong. If that's the case, you should have the dealer check it out to be safe.

Maybe someone else here can provide some input.

Thanks. I'll see how everything is after next oil change in another 2500 miles. If it's still weird. I'll have dealer check it out.

Thanks

I have the same car and mine does the same thing 1st through 3 it's like it's not getting enough air or fuel just wondering if you ever figured anything out on yours

Not yet. Hoping it's just something that will get better with more break in.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapour1ze View Post
    So brand new car and my clutch is slipping on WOT? Is something that needs to be fixed?
    No. You're beating the heck out of your brand new car with WOT shifts that aren't really a good thing for a car to begin with, they're just as stressful as launch, and the more of them you do, the faster you're going to need a clutch. Do normal, off the throttle, shifts, and you SHOULD lose that hesitation, if you don't there's a problem. If you do, then it's just the car telling you to ease off some. Just because cobb offers WOT shifting with the accessport, doesn't mean it's something that should be done very often.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.