Subaru WRX Forum banner

Throttle Hesitation on WRX 2015

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  irickchad 
#1 ·
Hi all so today and yesterday are the first days I've gotten on my car since owning it new. I notice when shifting from first to second with throttle to the floor and clutch fully disengaged I get about one second before throttle goes back to wide open. It just feels like a quick Hesitation then kicks back into throttle. Normal? It's almost like I'm shifting to fast or something. I'll bet if I slowed down it would stay. But seems irrelevant to the situation. Just wondering what I could try. I got the access port today and am running a stage 1 93 octane map. It does it with the map and it did it before the ap. Looking for any ideas. Maybe I just suck at shifting this car and need more practice? It's different response than a lot of other manual cars I've driven. Thanks guys!

#8 ·
I personally think the clutch and pressure plate still need a little more time to break in before they can handle the WOT fast shifts. But, I very well may be wrong. If that's the case, you should have the dealer check it out to be safe.

Maybe someone else here can provide some input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.