Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 WRX hesitation/stutter under boost!

20K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mdgoodrich 
#1 ·
Around 2500-4200 RPM, under moderate acceleration I will get a stutter in gears 1-3. It's not the boost kicking in....I saw that this has been an issue with previous model years but has anyone gotten the stealership to remap the 2015? Or gotten Subaru of NA to authorize retention of the warranty even if it's remapped?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated besides "go buy a Cobb" or have to pro-tuned. Trying to retain the 100k warranty.

#5 ·
Lean spots in the OEM tune, I monitored it with my AP a while back. Known issue, emissions for the win.

#6 ·
I have a similar issue with my '15 stock WRX manual transmission. Difference is that the stutter occurs more in the 3500-5500 power band and does seem to be boost related and/or pulling timing. I took it to Subaru shop today and they hooked up the computer while I pushed her, and was able to replicate the issue. Tech noticed significant fluctuations in the boost meter. Unfortunately no one there knew how to interpret the computer logged data and now have to wait for them to send the file Subaru Mothership to look at it and get back to me.

#7 ·
I put mine back in the shop yesterday after they told me that they "could not duplicate" last time. This time I made the technician drive and he was able to replicate it numerous times. They kept it overnight and all day today. Then after telling me that they had no idea what it was and that they would have to get with SoNA, they came back saying they did an update and that it was "normal operation" of the car. BULL****. Unfortunately the delearship here does not have another WRX to compare it to, they only have STIs right now.

I will be calling SoNA tomorrow, I will let you know what the outcome is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.