Subaru WRX Forum banner

P0451 CEL Code.. Help?

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  McBill 
#1 ·
hey guys, my name is ivan , i recently bought my first subi a 2011 Wrx with 74k and im in love with it my dream car, everything is perfect besides the CEL code that keeps popping up, i joined this forum to join the Subaru community and possibly get some help. i bought a new gas cap because i thought it was that at first and light still came one. next i found a topic on here that said to solider the ground in the engine harness and that seemed to work for like 4-5 days and then the CEL came back on any other suggestions? i also realized that the previous owner had the BOV closed so i opened it half way 50/50 and idk if that had anything:( to do with the CEL coming on.

#2 ·
Read the second post on the thread I've linked below. I would suggest returning the BOV to 100% recirculation as soon as you can. I would also recommend doing more research as this code only pertains to the EVAP system.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323944

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

#3 ·
I found the ground wire solidering solution you were speaking of. If that didn't solve the problem then I would suggest looking elsewhere in the harness for some possible bad grounds. Otherwise, I would begin looking into the problems in my previous post's link.

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

#5 ·
there going to charge a arm and a leg:(
Understandable.

This seems to be an intermittent problem with some 09-14's. I would not be surprised if you find nothing wrong with anything in my first post. But it's still worth a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.