Coolant system issue, any help would be GREAT THANKS!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Coolant system issue, any help would be GREAT THANKS! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello, I posted days ago about how my wrx(2002) was seeing around 205-207 degrees while sitting for alittle but not ...

Coolant system issue, any help would be GREAT THANKS!

hello, I posted days ago about how my wrx(2002) was seeing around 205-207 degrees while sitting for alittle but not going back down on the accessport coolant temp gauge.
    while driving the car is around 194-198.
    I live in texas and I wanted to know what the issue could be while the car isn't cooling at idle(t-stat, radiator cap, or something worse)

The picture is to show the coolant line and is not my car, but I have noticed that the line on the picture where the line is coming off of the coolant cap and that goes to the overflow tank and normal temps it doesn't seem to be pressurized and I can squeeze it no prob. The other lines aren't like this so I was just wondering if that could be the culprit?
    also I noticed the cap in the pic on the coolant reservoir isn't getting hot like it use to as well but everything else is still hot(radiator, hoses and such) any help would be great thanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	coolant_tank.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	193793

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The overflow line will never be pressurized per say. The radiator fans cool the car at idle. Why did you start a new thread? Should have just continued with the original one so others will know what has been suggested and what has been tried.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Might try getting a coolant flush. Could have some nasty build up.

In part with the fans and the reason being the temp gets up higher when at idle is because there isn't a charge of air hitting the radiator like when you're driving. The fans will most likely not run while you're driving unless you like blocked all the open spots on your bumper lol mine runs at like 185-191 on the freeway and city idle at a light it'll be like 210-215.

^^Where is the old thread?^^

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.