2015 Subaru WRX Idle Dip and Negative Boost
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 Subaru WRX Idle Dip and Negative Boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys so my first time in here and unfortunately it is to talk about an issue with my 2015 ...

2015 Subaru WRX Idle Dip and Negative Boost

Hey guys so my first time in here and unfortunately it is to talk about an issue with my 2015 WRX. Bought it in July 2014 and currently have 10,400 miles on it. To keep it brief, at around 4k miles I experienced some idle dipping where at a traffic light when I was in neutral, my car would dip down below 500rpms like it almost wanted to stall, then the CEL would come on and it would bounce back to 1krpms. The CEL would stay on for not even 24 hrs before it would go off. So around 4k miles it did a few times and I took it in, and they said they found nothing wrong with it. Now it it happening much more often, as much as weekly. Have an appt this coming Monday to get it in. But this time around I am also experiencing an issue with the boost. It is always in the negative even when accelerating, it'll range between -11psi and about 5psi. You have to really get in the car to get it above 5psi, something is different and seems wrong. Sucks cause its a brand new car. I have seen this issue out there across some forums - just wondering if anyone here has had this experience and what the solution was?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you ever pull the CEL code?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I did not. As I said the CEL doesnt stay on for very long, but that is my goal to get it into the dealer when it is on. Almos thave to time it up cause the car will correct itself and the light will go off on the next start up or two.

I am hoping the CEL is on come Monday - it is currently off.

you can also take it to autozone and they can read the codes if you cant make it to a dealer
    2006 San Remo Red WRX Stage 2

Okay thats a good idea, wondering if I take it in Monday and explain the issue to the dealer, they would know what to look for or if they need the car with CEL on to get the code?

Any other thoughts? I've read on other forums and on here that the CEL code could be the camshaft position sensors, not sure though cause I havent been able to read the code yet.

I Support ClubWRX
    Can't tell without reading the code. We are sort of at a road block until that can be done.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned by Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Thats what I figured, its just annoying the CEL goes off so quickly. However, my boost gauge is still not reading right. Constantly negative even when accelerating.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    "Negative boost" is merely vacuum. Take the car in. Something is not correct and the car is under warranty.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.