2013 WRX check engine light but no code
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX check engine light but no code within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The check engine light came on last Thursday in my '13 WRX but when I hook my AP up it ...

Question 2013 WRX check engine light but no code

The check engine light came on last Thursday in my '13 WRX but when I hook my AP up it says there are no codes. I know something is up though because it has been stuttering when I accelerate since it came on, this tends to happen for the first 5 minutes of a drive. Usually only happens in 2nd and 3rd lower in the rpm's, but sometimes it happens in 5th as well.
    Light has gone off and come back on a couple times too. Usually only goes off when I leave work to go get lunch and then its back on when I leave work to go home.

Car is stock other than Cobb stage 1 ots map. 2013 WRX with 30k miles on it. Would take it to the dealer but I'm not sure they are mod friendly.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on this. I know a code would be helpful but like I said, AP isn't showing one and I haven't had a chance to get anywhere else to scan it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's strange that you found no code.
    I've even hooked my AP to friends cars just to read the codes.
    Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal, wait a minute then put it back on.
    Then start the car and connect the AP. Hopefully that will do it.
    Also try hooking the AP to your computer and update it.
    Keep us posted.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

AP was just updated and still not showing any codes.

I forgot I had a Bluetooth OBD2 module, so I just used that and got code P0451. I've had that code numerous times before (been to dealer 3 times for it) and they said last time they "fixed it." Which was back in Feb. and it hadn't come back on till now.

Problem is, its never done the stuttering before with that code showing.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ADNpro View Post
    AP was just updated and still not showing any codes.

I forgot I had a Bluetooth OBD2 module, so I just used that and got code P0451. I've had that code numerous times before (been to dealer 3 times for it) and they said last time they "fixed it." Which was back in Feb. and it hadn't come back on till now.

Problem is, its never done the stuttering before with that code showing.

I'm not familiar with that code, what is it?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    I'm not familiar with that code, what is it?
    EVAP emission control system pressure sensor range/performance problem . Or something like that.

When I had it in last time they said they cleaned some ice out of the ICM valve? I'm not sure, but this is the first time its come back on since then.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.