Lets just say I bought this 07 wrx off another mechanic who couldn't figure it out . Basically the car starts up and runs great then literally after 30 seconds every time it will stall right out almost like a complete fuel cut .
After a few days off test and trials here is what I have figured out .
1. Alternator puts out 14.7 volts which I believe to be high and I found unplugging the alternator the car ran for a solid couple minutes . plug alternator back in and car dies .
2. I tried two other tested good alternators and ran a new fat ground wire and that didn't fix the car .
3. I ran the car with alt unplugged and car jumped off my Volvo at 13.2 volts and the car will stay running . But I'm finding out that you can rev it great but then after 30 seconds but not exactly thirty seconds, but maybe after a minute and a half or so it will idle but pumping the throttle has a good one second delay till it will catch and rev up . shut the car off and runs great again just for the first minute .
4. finally the cel did come on but for system to lean and misfire in cylinder1 and 3, but these are a result of it switching to running real rough after a minute of perfect running .
5. Alt fuse is good . car came with a bad radio fuse but replacing it worked and didn't short out . also after a few minutes now the cruise light is blinking. everything else works.
If anyone has any ideas before I take the car to a auto electric specialist that would be great thanks