Boost leak
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a leak on my 2011 wrx and I think it's from the bov vac hose. The hose the ...

Boost leak

I have a leak on my 2011 wrx and I think it's from the bov vac hose. The hose the goes on top of the bov runs to something but on my car at the end of hose it's just dangling and I need to know where to put it back on at

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Daltonp45 View Post
    I have a leak on my 2011 wrx and I think it's from the bov vac hose. The hose the goes on top of the bov runs to something but on my car at the end of hose it's just dangling and I need to know where to put it back on at
    There's two hoses. The smaller one that comes off the nipple on the vavle? Or the bigger one? Also at what end is it dangling? On the vavle side or to where it should connect?
    The smaller line runs from the nipple on the valve to the backside of the engine. There's another nipple under the intake manifold in the center where the pcv valve is. You'll have to take the intercooler off and you should see it
    The bigger one goes into the turbo inlet. If that's off, you're going to have to get creative to get it back on. it connects to the turbo inlet directly under the intake manifold

Pics would help as well for things like this for future reference.

Might as well check the gasket and see if there's any blow by around the valve and intercooler
    You'll also want to replace the throttle body to intercooler hose with a silicone one as the stock ones fail
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.