Subaru WRX Forum banner

just bought a 2010 sti last week, check engine light came on.

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  nsibanez 
#1 ·
The code was for rich bank one, I looked under the hood and realized that there isn't an 02 sensor it's like the previous owner plugged it? Car idles around 750 rpm and rough idles, could it be that 02 sensor missing? Just want some input thanks.

#7 ·
Likely not a "missing" 02 sensor, then. Just a spot for a wideband o2 if you ever want one. If you bought the car from an individual, I'd make sure they didnt take something off the car before they sold it to cause a rich condition. If you bought it at a dealer, unfortunately that will be really hard to rule out, so good luck.

What tune is on the car currently?

#9 ·
If it has a downpipe and intake and you don't know if it's been tuned, then it's likely your car is going to grenade... soon. You need to do whatever you can to either get a tune on it, or verify that it has one, because if not, it WILL blow.

#14 ·
Ok thanks, how can the dealer get away with selling a car like that?
They shouldn't.

The car is illegal for road use in the USA, yet they, as a dealer, sold it specifically for road use.

#12 ·
Probably because the used car department didn't want to spend any extra money into "refurbishing" the car. When they get a car in on a trade or bought off someone else wherever, they only have a small amount of money to be made in profits after selling which is usually around the 2 grand mark. So if the cost of a pipe and paying the technicians for the labor gets too close for comfort they'll just sell it as is. Especially of they think it's running fine

#13 ·
Hmm okay, well I hope they could help me out because I can't just drop $650 for AP at the moment, again thanks for all the help, I also looked at the header and it does have an 02 sensor I was just looking at the wrong area earlier. So I'm guessing it just isn't tuned

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.