Turbo Vacuum Line "Pill" Is Missing: What Do I Do?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Turbo Vacuum Line "Pill" Is Missing: What Do I Do? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So tody I bought a used K&N filter for my 02 WRX and as I was looking under the hood ...

Registered User Jackstand Johnny's Avatar

Turbo Vacuum Line "Pill" Is Missing: What Do I Do?

So tody I bought a used K&N filter for my 02 WRX and as I was looking under the hood to check its figment, I noticed on of my vacuummnlines was broken in half. I duct taped the two pieces back together and drove it home. Now after looking online for replacement hose I realize that its the same vacuum line that's supposed to have this thing called a restrictor pill joining the two lines together??? What does it do and where can I get a new treplacment? Should I be worried that its been missing for who knows how long? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Jackstand Johnny; 01-01-2015 at 01:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What the hell is a "redtrcot pill"? And it does not join the lines together. Google would have easily found you this......
    Technical Articles

It was the very first link. The dealer is where to get it.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Autocorrect on my tablet is screwed up sometimes. Yeah sorry I jumped the gun making this post and found all the info I needed in a few different threads. Part number 22326KA120 for a 2002 WRX. I'd like to replace these rubber lines with silicone anyways so they'll last linger, but I'm worried they'll have a thinner wall than the OEM rubber lines and they'll collapse or push the pill around and clog up the line. Do I need to worry about that at all? Is there a particular brand or minimum wall thickness I should look out for? I'd be buying a roll of tubing and not a precut kit. Thanks for the help.

I Support ClubWRX
    The silicone hoses are fine they way outlast the stock hoses.
    It's another thing I still need to do, replace the factory hoses.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstand Johnny View Post
    So tody I bought a used K&N filter for my 02 WRX and as I was looking under the hood to check its figment, I noticed on of my vacuummnlines was broken in half. I duct taped the two pieces back together and drove it home. Now after looking online for replacement hose I realize that its the same vacuum line that's supposed to have this thing called a restrictor pill joining the two lines together??? What does it do and where can I get a new treplacment? Should I be worried that its been missing for who knows how long? Thanks in advance.
    First mistake. The kn filters are junk for this car I have an 02 wagon wrx I had one it idled like crap pulled like crap. First success buy the Cobb sf intake + airbox. Runs flawlessly

Autocorrect on my tablet is screwed up sometimes. Yeah sorry I jumped the gun making this post and found all the info I needed in a few different threads. Part number 22326KA120 for a 2002 WRX. I'd like to replace these rubber lines with silicone anyways so they'll last linger, but I'm worried they'll have a thinner wall than the OEM rubber lines and they'll collapse or push the pill around and clog up the line. Do I need to worry about that at all? Is there a particular brand or minimum wall thickness I should look out for? I'd be buying a roll of tubing and not a precut kit. Thanks for the help.
    If you have an accessport you could eliminate all the tubing and upgrade your boost control solenoid for 115$ through Cobb and it has an ots map....but only if you go back to a stock filter for your stock airbox or upgrade your airbox entirely you can't do just a kn in a stock box

I don't make money from Cobb but I am an avid customer all the parts work perfectly and if you combine the ap the sf + airbox the 3 ports ebcs and a 3 inch turbo back invidia and the stage 2 93oct map you've got one hell of a daily driver

On the subject of the vacuum lines. I think I was wrong about which line had/has the pill in it. I think the line with the pill in it is the one connecting to the right side of the "t" connector but the one that broke on mine is the line that connects to the bottom of the "T" connector. Ill have to double check but when I looked at the pictures online again today thats how it looked.

As for everyone saying how the K&N filter is junk and how I "cant" rn it on my stock WRX? I
    ve also read countless posts from people stating how they never had any issues running them at all. I recently cleaned my MAF sensor and I made sure to go easy on the oil when I cleaned and oiled my K&N drop in filter. I drove it around today with zero issues. I'm not going to pay $90 for a drop in air filter and CAI's AND RAI's appear to do more harm than what I've read K&N drop in filters do. If I run into problems, I'll pull it. Otherwise I'm not going to get rid of it just because other people had problems with it. It seems like most people just couldnt figure out how to get the airbox lid to seal properly after they install it or they over oil the element. As I said I took precautions so neither happened and I havent run into any issues what so ever.

Today I called autozone and they told me they had silicone hoses. Of course I went up there and they didnt have them because auto parts employees never know what the hell theyre talking about. So I went up to O' Reillys and bought a few feet of rubber hose from them which Im gonna use until I can buy a spool of silicone hose online. I tried to upload pics of the "T" connector and hoses but they didnt work SO I cant show yall which line I have to replace for confirmation on whether its the line with the pill in it but Ill post up once photobucket decides to work properly...it might be a while.

On the subject of the vacuum lines. I think I was wrong about which line had/has the pill in it. I think the line with the pill in it is the one connecting to the right side of the "t" connector but the one that broke on mine is the line that connects to the bottom of the "T" connector. Ill have to double check but when I looked at the pictures online again today thats how it looked.

As for everyone saying how the K&N filter is junk and how I "cant" rn it on my stock WRX? I
    ve also read countless posts from people stating how they never had any issues running them at all. I recently cleaned my MAF sensor and I made sure to go easy on the oil when I cleaned and oiled my K&N drop in filter. I drove it around today with zero issues. I'm not going to pay $90 for a drop in air filter and CAI's AND RAI's appear to do more harm than what I've read K&N drop in filters do. If I run into problems, I'll pull it. Otherwise I'm not going to get rid of it just because other people had problems with it. It seems like most people just couldnt figure out how to get the airbox lid to seal properly after they install it or they over oil the element. As I said I took precautions so neither happened and I havent run into any issues what so ever.

Today I called autozone and they told me they had silicone hoses. Of course I went up there and they didnt have them because auto parts employees never know what the hell theyre talking about. So I went up to O' Reillys and bought a few feet of rubber hose from them which Im gonna use until I can buy a spool of silicone hose online. I tried to upload pics of the "T" connector and hoses but they didnt work SO I cant show yall which line I have to replace for confirmation on whether its the line with the pill in it but Ill post up once photobucket decides to work properly...it might be a while.
    We have literally the same engine so if mine had problems then yours will too but don't believe me give her the turbulence and dust and find out if 90$ was worth engine maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by framedexdrivewrx View Post

I don't make money from Cobb but I am an avid customer all the parts work perfectly and if you combine the ap the sf + airbox the 3 ports ebcs and a 3 inch turbo back invidia and the stage 2 93oct map you've got one hell of a daily driver
    My plan was to get the Cobb AP V3 and run it with my K&N drop in filter as well as the catless up pipe, single cat Perrin downpipe and a custom pieced together catback made from a no name catback Im gonna get for peanuts that Im gonna chop the muffler off of and replace it with a Dynomax VT muffler with the internal butterfly valve it has to keep it quite at low RPM's. It's gonna be a while yet before I can afford the Cobb AP but I'm really looking forward to it.

My plan was to get the Cobb AP V3 and run it with my K&N drop in filter as well as the catless up pipe, single cat Perrin downpipe and a custom pieced together catback made from a no name catback Im gonna get for peanuts that Im gonna chop the muffler off of and replace it with a Dynomax VT muffler with the internal butterfly valve it has to keep it quite at low RPM's. It's gonna be a while yet before I can afford the Cobb AP but I'm really looking forward to it.
    Well you absolutely can't run the kn with the Cobb ap v3 they will tell you that there's a special Subaru filter. There's much more important stuff to do before you worry about that. Stock downpipe?

Quote Originally Posted by framedexdrivewrx View Post
    First mistake. The kn filters are junk for this car I have an 02 wagon wrx I had one it idled like crap pulled like crap. First success buy the Cobb sf intake + airbox. Runs flawlessly
    I'm gonna guess operator error on this one. Did you make sure the right side of the airbox(opposite side of the metal clamps) was seated properly? The lid to the airbox has two tabs that have to be pushed under the lips of the bottom half of the airbox. I had to "cox" it into place with some downward pressure and a few tabs from a hammer. The rubber seal on the K&N drop in filter is a tiny bit thicker and made from stiffer rubber than paper filters so it takes more attention to detail and elbow grease to get it to seat the right way. Like I said though I've been driving around today with it in and not only does it fire right up and idle great, but I had zero driveability problems. Sorry you couldn't get it to work right but I only paid $20 for mine WITH a Greddy air diffusion panel so on the outside chance that I run into a problem I'll just pop the old paper filter back in and move on.

I'm gonna guess operator error on this one. Did you make sure the right side of the airbox(opposite side of the metal clamps) was seated properly? The lid to the airbox has two tabs that have to be pushed under the lips of the bottom half of the airbox. I had to "cox" it into place with some downward pressure and a few tabs from a hammer. The rubber seal on the K&N drop in filter is a tiny bit thicker and made from stiffer rubber than paper filters so it takes more attention to detail and elbow grease to get it to seat the right way. Like I said though I've been driving around today with it in and not only does it fire right up and idle great, but I had zero driveability problems. Sorry you couldn't get it to work right but I only paid $20 for mine WITH a Greddy air diffusion panel so on the outside chance that I run into a problem I'll just pop the old paper filter back in and move on.
    You won't get far on this site if your going to infer its members can't install a freaking airbox dude. I've done the plugs coils injectors fuel rail and Cobb sf+airbox by myself with a 3/4 socket set and miscellaneous tools

I Support ClubWRX
    I tried to upload pics of the "T" connector and hoses but they didnt work SO I cant show yall which line I have to replace for confirmation on whether its the line with the pill in it but Ill post up once photobucket decides to work properly...it might be a while.
    The link I posted before had a self explanatory picture in it how the boost lines were laid out and where the pill was. You shouldn't have to upload a picture. You are making this a little more complicated than it has to be.

Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

OK luckily the vacuum line I need to replace is the one going to the wastegate selenoid valve. Thanks for that first picture Donkey. Seeing everything laid out like that helps a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.