Subaru WRX Forum banner

CEL P1449

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  RichD514 
#1 ·
the other day my dash was lighting up like a Christmas tree. CEL, TCS light, and cruise control blinking. I plugged in my OBD scanner, and it didn't show a code so I took it to auto zone. The guy at auto zone scanned it and looked up the code, and said it was something with the evap solenoid :confused: and advised to just bring it to the dealer since it's still under warranty. I called the dealer that the car was purchased from, and they couldn't get me in until 1/9/15 (I called 12/26) yeah, no thanks. Called another dealer, the one my wife used for her old outback, and they had openings on Monday and Tuesday.
I'm bringing it in on Tuesday. I hope is something simple.

#2 ·
I'm crossing my fingers for YA Rich.
That is a funny code, definitely bring it to the dealer.
I wonder if the fluctuations in outdoor temperatures has something to do with it?
Good luck, keep us posted.

#3 ·
Thanks!
Yeah, it's an odd code.. not much info about it on the interwebs either. I'm also curious add to why my scanner didn't pick anything up. It's old, but not THAT old.
I'll post an update Tuesday :D

#6 ·
The vent control filter hose was pinched. I was also going to ask them to replace the rear windshield wiper.. but forgot. They did it anyway.. they must be mind readers!

#7 ·
Nice!
It's always good for them to be proactive.
Do you get customer satisfaction surveys?
Every time I go to the dealer I get a survey.
Just curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.