Super Clean and power washing cylinder heads?

This is a discussion on Super Clean and power washing cylinder heads? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; As the topic says, I've got to re do some 03' WRX head gaskets and want to clean the heads ...

Super Clean and power washing cylinder heads?

As the topic says, I've got to re do some 03' WRX head gaskets and want to clean the heads up as best as I can before they visit the machine shop. I've looked around quite a bit on the internet. "Subaru Mike" seems to use super clean de-greaser and a power washer to cleaning heads. Is this safe, logical, ill-advised, etc? Cams and buckets will be out of course.

Please chime in thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Should work. I have used siding cleaner from Home Depot as it is pretty safe for aluminum. I just soak the heads in plastic tote with a gallon of the cleaner and water.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Should work. I have used siding cleaner from Home Depot as it is pretty safe for aluminum. I just soak the heads in plastic tote with a gallon of the cleaner and water.
    I was told to use super clean since its allot less harsh vs. something like simple green, but I don't even like s.g. that much either. That stuff is bad news if its left on ANYTHING. I'll power wash and air compressor dry the crap out of it then.

thanks bud

I Support ClubWRX
    Simple Green does has multiple formulas now. One being aluminium compatible. I think it is the "purple" label auto formula.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S