cobb accessport/mechanic or dealer question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cobb accessport/mechanic or dealer question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys! this is for you guys that work at subaru dealers or know about the COBB AP so i ...

cobb accessport/mechanic or dealer question

hey guys! this is for you guys that work at subaru dealers or know about the COBB AP

so i am planning to buy a cobb access port for my 2014 wrx and i was really curious. If i were to tune it to stage one and before i take it to the dealer for maint, and i take off the tune. Is there any way the dealer could find out that i have tuned the car?
    thanks ! hope to get some replies so i can go forward and purchase my AP!
    i am here in the bay area in California!! so if you guys can point me to mod friendly dealers w/ the service advisors name i'd appreciate it! thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They can't tell that you had an AP on it.. what they can tell is if the ECU was reset. Which is the same as removing the negative lead on the battery. You have the right idea of asking around for mod friendly dealers. I did the same thing in my area and found a dealer that the service manager said that he doesn't mind cobb tunes but if a warranty issue comes up, SOA may not honor the warranty (duh).

I would say to call or go in and talk to a service advisor. Tell them you're THINKING about getting one and see what they say. If you still decide to pull the trigger... flash back to stock and remove the AP, wiring (cobb stickers) and mounts when you go in. If they say anything about the reset (which the more than likely won't) just say you were changing out a light bulb or trying a different head unit and wanted to remove the power while working.
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by jbed1203 View Post
    They can't tell that you had an AP on it.. what they can tell is if the ECU was reset. Which is the same as removing the negative lead on the battery. You have the right idea of asking around for mod friendly dealers. I did the same thing in my area and found a dealer that the service manager said that he doesn't mind cobb tunes but if a warranty issue comes up, SOA may not honor the warranty (duh).

I would say to call or go in and talk to a service advisor. Tell them you're THINKING about getting one and see what they say. If you still decide to pull the trigger... flash back to stock and remove the AP, wiring (cobb stickers) and mounts when you go in. If they say anything about the reset (which the more than likely won't) just say you were changing out a light bulb or trying a different head unit and wanted to remove the power while working.
    thank you! this is what i was looking for! you should see on nasioc.. i posted the same thing and the mod rephrased me question to make it seem like i want to fraud! -__- like really?! all i was asking for is 1. how the AP flash works and if they can see it. 2. which dealers are cool with you bringing mods into their dealer. thats all

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I saw that on there haha also commented on that post. Nasioc is a much older forum and they can be pretty vicious.

But, be prepared to pay up if the Cobb does something that would cause a warranty issue. They won't press for fraud but if they think there was an AP they'll deny your warranty claim. No arguing that!

nasioc sucks lol

basically you can have a mod friendly dealer and they would be more willing to do warrenty work on a modified car...however there is a bulletin from SOA stating any modified legacy, impreza, and forester warrenty in void basically...but that's if it needs to go through SOA for claims such as engine repacements. every engine claim goes through them

Yeah, I saw that on there haha also commented on that post. Nasioc is a much older forum and they can be pretty vicious.

But, be prepared to pay up if the Cobb does something that would cause a warranty issue. They won't press for fraud but if they think there was an AP they'll deny your warranty claim. No arguing that!
    hahaha thanks for the back up! yeah they are only good to read up on journals! other than a slight tune i was thinking torqued performance stage 1.
    and definitely not arguable if they can certainly show it!
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    nasioc sucks lol

basically you can have a mod friendly dealer and they would be more willing to do warrenty work on a modified car...however there is a bulletin from SOA stating any modified legacy, impreza, and forester warrenty in void basically...but that's if it needs to go through SOA for claims such as engine repacements. every engine claim goes through them
    it does... lol!like i said above! only good for reading! and wow! of course! new engine is big $. i'd rather maybe go rebuild if it went kaput. maybe send it off for a complete rebuild to CTD!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    nasioc sucks lol

Do you have a link to said bulletin? Not that I don't believe, I wasn't aware of it and I want to read it since I own a '14 Forester and a '15 WRX
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

i definitely want to see that bulletin to!

Do you have a link to said bulletin? Not that I don't believe, I wasn't aware of it and I want to read it since I own a '14 Forester and a '15 WRX
    I'd have to look for it again. I saw it somewhere here on this forum another member posted a while ago. Either that or I saw it scrolling through alldata when my old shop had it
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.