Help needed to identify blue tube with hole
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help needed to identify blue tube with hole within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, new to the forum and Subarus. I have an 2004 WRX Wagon and I was poking around the ...

Help needed to identify blue tube with hole

Hey guys, new to the forum and Subarus. I have an 2004 WRX Wagon and I was poking around the engine bay replacing a headlight an noticed that a small blue tube had a hole in it. If you can identify what it connects and the severity, it will give me an idea how to tackle the problem.

Sorry for the crappy phone picture, I wasn't able to get them rotated the correct way and I apologize
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 1.jpg   photo 3.jpg   photo 2.jpg   photo 1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not an expert, but it could be a vacuum line. Do you have a boost gauge?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Dude...........just follow it to where it goes. Yes it needs replaced and no it is not stock.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

It seems that one end comes from the intake after it goes through the circular plastic piece marked "TO E/G" the other end connects to a hose that makes its way up towards the turbo area.

My boost gauge is working though, so it doesn't seem to be that.

Hose thats part of the EVAP system. Just go to Autozone, take out the hose and ask for a foot of hose with similar ID. 3.5mm I think. Cut in parking lot, replace, done.

Looks like it's 4mm. Autozone has something close enough.
    P0442, P0457: Evaporative Emissions Leaks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.