2012 wrx problem
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 wrx problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had just bought a 2012 wrx. Ive been getting this really bad burning smell coming from the engine. I ...

2012 wrx problem

I had just bought a 2012 wrx. Ive been getting this really bad burning smell coming from the engine. I noticed when I hit the gas and the turbo starts spool up its lags really bad goes from 3500rpm to 4000rpm then shoots back 3500 then goes back up. Almost drives like a newer Altima. Sometimes I get the real pull but most times this happens. Any one help me ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how many miles? any mods? tuned?
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

No completely stock

Haven't got it tuned yet I don't not if that would help or not

Quote Originally Posted by dbelsito1012 View Post
    I had just bought a 2012 wrx. Ive been getting this really bad burning smell coming from the engine. I noticed when I hit the gas and the turbo starts spool up its lags really bad goes from 3500rpm to 4000rpm then shoots back 3500 then goes back up. Almost drives like a newer Altima. Sometimes I get the real pull but most times this happens. Any one help me ?
    Have you driven it hard recently? How long has it been doing this? Does it smell like burning oil? Is there staining on the ground under where you park it? I would also suggest a boost leak test to see if something came loose.

I Support ClubWRX
    This doesn't sound good to me. At 22,600 miles take it back to the dealer and have them deal with it ASAP as it should still be well within the factory powertrain warranty period. Unless it was modded by the previous owner, but the dealership should be able to tell you that.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a clutch to me.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Haven't got it tuned yet I don't not if that would help or not
    Meaning...what mods do you have???

Sort of sounds like a really worn clutch to me...not blown completely, but worn.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would bring it strait to dealer, the warranty is still good.
    But request a full inspection from soup to nuts. Just so all the bases are covered.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Meaning...what mods do you have???
    My bad, didn't see the post where you said it's stock.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Sounds like a clutch to me.
    This occurred to me right after I posted. Sounds like an A-typical clutch slipping problem. But why would it slip then grab again as the power levels increase, unless he is letting off the throttle.

Either way, this sounds like a job for the dealership and the factory warranty. There should be no reason you need to diagnose and fix this problem yourself. Let them pay for it and take care of it.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Just brought it to the dealer clutch was burnt out had the car for a day the guy said the people who sold it to me tweaked it so it would last a week called the a tourney general their replacing it now

I Support ClubWRX
    called the a tourney general
    lol?
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I'm a new subaru guy you guys have any suggestions on how to build up some horsepower and leaving the car completely stock ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.