2012 wrx problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2012 wrx problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by dbelsito1012 Just brought it to the dealer clutch was burnt out had the car for a day ...

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dbelsito1012 View Post
    Just brought it to the dealer clutch was burnt out had the car for a day the guy said the people who sold it to me tweaked it so it would last a week called the a tourney general their replacing it now
    Are they warranty replacing clutch?
    My buddy is having same problem at 27,000 miles. Dealer wouldn't replace.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ya their replacing it not subaru the dealer I bought it from

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm a new subaru guy you guys have any suggestions on how to build up some horsepower and leaving the car completely stock ?
    Stage 1 tune. With Stage 1 you can have a completely stock car or a stock car with an upgraded intake. I recommend keeping the stock intake since it works fine. The stage 1 tune changes the ECU to have a much smoother powerband and a couple extra horses. Changes the way the car feels in the greatest way possible. You can either go the expensive route and get a cobb accessport or you can go the cheaper route and get a tactrix along with a torqued performance stage 2 map that will be e-tuned specifically to your car. I think the latter option is the best because IMO the off the shelf cobb accessport maps aren't tuned specifically for your car can vary between locations and cars. The TP Stage 2 map is tuned for your exact car and your exact altitude so it is the best option besides a pro tune which can go for $400 for a dyno. Here is, IMO, the options you have listed from best to worst. It is your choice what you want.

-Pro Tune (~$400)
    -Tactrix with Torqued Performance Map ($255)
    -Cobb Accessport ($650)

You do need a laptop to use the tactrix though so you will have to add that to the cost if you don't have one. The Cobb accessport has a 1 inch screen for viewing. I personally use a tactrix.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

How do I make this bitch quicker with leaving it completely stock in any suggestions

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm a new subaru guy you guys have any suggestions on how to build up some horsepower and leaving the car completely stock ?
    That's a contradictory statement. Aside from buying a Cobb AP tuner, or brining your car to professional tuner.
    If your leaving stock there's almost no options for gain in WHP, except tuning.
    You could do the Cobb stage1 package, that might meet your needs. And if you do decide to mod this is the place to talk about it.
    Most of us on average are stage2 tuned. It's a good place to be if you monitor it properly and don't beat on it.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

So just a stage 1 tine completely stock the stock intake is fine w me sounds good enough

Ok cool thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruWRXJosh View Post
    Stage 1 tune. With Stage 1 you can have a completely stock car or a stock car with an upgraded intake. I recommend keeping the stock intake since it works fine. The stage 1 tune changes the ECU to have a much smoother powerband and a couple extra horses. Changes the way the car feels in the greatest way possible. You can either go the expensive route and get a cobb accessport or you can go the cheaper route and get a tactrix along with a torqued performance stage 2 map that will be e-tuned specifically to your car. I think the latter option is the best because IMO the off the shelf cobb accessport maps aren't tuned specifically for your car can vary between locations and cars. The TP Stage 2 map is tuned for your exact car and your exact altitude so it is the best option besides a pro tune which can go for $400 for a dyno. Here is, IMO, the options you have listed from best to worst. It is your choice what you want.

-Pro Tune (~$400)
    -Tactrix with Torqued Performance Map ($255)
    -Cobb Accessport ($650)

You do need a laptop to use the tactrix though so you will have to add that to the cost if you don't have one. The Cobb accessport has a 1 inch screen for viewing. I personally use a tactrix.
    Myself I have a Cobb V3 Access Port, and 2 custom Dyno tuned maps. If you have the means this is a great way to go. Otherwise I would do exactly what SubaruWRXJosh said in his latest post. Either way you want a electronic tune to optimize your factory set up. Or go to stage1
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Myself I have a Cobb V3 Access Port, and 2 custom Dyno tuned maps. If you have the means this is a great way to go. Otherwise I would do exactly what SubaruWRXJosh said in his latest post. Either way you want a electronic tune to optimize your factory set up. Or go to stage1
    Yes I forgot to mention that. You can use the Cobb Accessport or Tactrix to run any map including pro tune maps. I personally like being able to use my Microsoft Surface to monitor all of the sensors in the car at once. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that you can only monitor one sensor at a time with the Cobb Accessport. If the price of the Accessport wasn't SO MUCH more than the tactrix I probably would have gotten that, but I actually am happy I chose the tactrix. Romraider and Ecuflash are great tools. Things like the road dyno are some of the awesome features you get with tactrix. The Accessport also has it's own perks, but someone who has one can tell you about them.
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium

Torqued Performance Stage 2, Invidia Catless Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, Perrin Heat Shield, Cobb Knob, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Front & Rear Shifter Bushings, STRi 52mm Amber Boost Gauge, SMY ClusterMaker Pod, Subaru OEM Black WRX Ornaments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12