My 04 WRX has been idling low and i cant figure out why.

This is a discussion on My 04 WRX has been idling low and i cant figure out why. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I usually idle at about 750/700 ish and now for the oast few days ive been idling at about 500/550. ...

My 04 WRX has been idling low and i cant figure out why.

I usually idle at about 750/700 ish and now for the oast few days ive been idling at about 500/550. I checked my engine for a vaccum leak, and i dont appear to have one. I also just cleaned my air filter, and am not getting any codes for an o2 sensor messing up so im not sure what could be causing it. The car runs perfectly normal, its just that idle. When i start the car when the engines cold i get a normal start up, and the car idles at around 1k ish and slowly goes down to the 500. If i start it with a semi warm engine, ill get almost a weaker start, where the idles will shoot up to 1500 then almost instantly dip down to 500. What could be causing this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i almost think that on the manual wrx 500/550 is the correct idle rpm.

id double check the service manual, but after a minute or two thats where my car settles to.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    The 02 tach cannot measure 500 rpm. That's where the needle rests.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Oops. Thanks SD. I was just out looking to(curious). And I'm around 700 ish. Might be because its nearly 45 but that's where I'm idling warm. Shows how much I pay attention to the tach lol.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Try cleaning the IAC valve on the throttlebody. Google should bring up several tutorials on cleaning the 02-05 USDM WRX IAC valves.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Hello. I know that to get subaru s into the uk they made an intelligent charging system with the alternator so they pass emissions. If you have everything off the alternator only dishes out 12 volts and the revs go low or weaker too. If you put the heater fans on minimum or put side lights on you get the full 14.2 volts and engine idles much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk