Subaru WRX Forum banner

I GOT T-BONED. Anyone have any ideas?

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  wrxnh 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody,

I've got my 8 month old 2014 WRX T-Boned last night. I don't know what to do, would it be totaled or does it look repairable? Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive exterior Rim
Automotive exterior Light Automotive lighting Vehicle Car
Vehicle Mode of transport Automotive lighting Car Night
:eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
Your pictures are kind of blurry, but that looks quite scary. Are you and your passengers okay? Please let us know what the insurance company decides about fixing the car ( I don't have a good guess about whether or not they will call it a total loss, but if the chassis is bent, things are tough).

#6 ·
I'm pretty sure its totalled. I had a similar accident, and if you've got frame damage on the B-pillar, plus the side airbag deployment, odds are good its totalled. Are you ok?

#7 ·
Hopefully you are ok, sucks about the car, but they are replaceable. In my experience, most of the time when airbags are deployed 99% of insurance companies will total the car. It comes down to how much it costs to fix the car compaired to how much the car is worth. From the pictures and the type of accident, along with deployed airbags, pretty sure you are looking at a total loss.

#8 ·
Thank you everyone. I am totally fine...kind of... My back pain is getting worse and worse everyday but I will see someone on Monday to start my chiropractic treatments. My head hurts a little but I think I'm just going out of shock. Thanks everyone for the ideas. I've talked to some people too, that I know personally and some say that the car might be totaled. IMO I would love to have it totaled as it will remind me everyday about the accident. I will try to upload clear pictures that I have but no guarantees on that yet.

#9 · (Edited)
Thank God no one was hurt. It looks totaled, the frame looks jacked up.
I would fight for full reimbursement from insurance company it was a NEW CAR. How many miles were on it?
I would also look into purchasing salvage rights for your car, and remove the engine and anything else that is intact. You can sell the parts to help fund new car, I'm not sure of laws in CO but something worth looking into.make sure you take care of your back and follow thru with Doctors orders, I have two large herniated discs in my mid and upper back from accident. I know exactly what you are going thru. PM me if you need to talk to somebody about your back or concerns or if you just need to vent.

#18 ·
Hey so my car is 100% totaled and they're giving me approximately 25,000 for it. Should I leave my N1 Race in there and provide documentation or should I just take it off? What do you guys think about the 2015 STi? Worth it?

#19 ·
Talk to the body shop people and bring your stock stuff. When my car was totaled 15 years ago they told me to take/replace everything I could use.
I had hatch wrx 2011 and now STi 2015 and this car is the rocket compared to old one. I vote yes by all means.
Every penny is worth.
Good luck. I hope you are doing well after the crash.

#21 ·
Don't screw yourself over from an accident like this. If you're feeling pain right now it may be a life time thing unfortunately and you need to get at least some part of it covered with a lawyer. It may take few years but TRUST ME when I say let them sue the insurance company.

I got T-boned when I was 19, got the car fixed & accepted a measly $300 check (thinking WHOO HOO!) and my neck has never been the same even though I had gone to a massage therapist and chiro for nearly three months.

And chiro I find "NUCCA" practitioners to be the best as they are non-invasive and doesn't rely on just cracking your neck/back. That's all I've used in the last few years.

I hope you're feeling better. I just hate to see anyone getting screwed over from accidents like this. Your car can always be replaced with insurance but more importantly your body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.