I GOT T-BONED. Anyone have any ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I GOT T-BONED. Anyone have any ideas? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everybody, I've got my 8 month old 2014 WRX T-Boned last night. I don't know what to do, would ...

Unhappy I GOT T-BONED. Anyone have any ideas?

Hey everybody,

I've got my 8 month old 2014 WRX T-Boned last night. I don't know what to do, would it be totaled or does it look repairable?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0832.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	162937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0833.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	162945Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0834.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	162969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0836.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	162961
    Last edited by magasiev13; 08-23-2014 at 12:11 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your pictures are kind of blurry, but that looks quite scary. Are you and your passengers okay? Please let us know what the insurance company decides about fixing the car ( I don't have a good guess about whether or not they will call it a total loss, but if the chassis is bent, things are tough).
    David - '05 WRX

Hopefully they total it. If will screw you over when you try to trade it in or sell it.

I hope they total it too, but I'm talking to an attorney on Monday, maybe he'll help me out with that a little too.

mrd
    Did you take your car to body shop. They have to give estimate, so ins.co could continue? Check body shop reviews too.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm pretty sure its totalled. I had a similar accident, and if you've got frame damage on the B-pillar, plus the side airbag deployment, odds are good its totalled. Are you ok?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Hopefully you are ok, sucks about the car, but they are replaceable. In my experience, most of the time when airbags are deployed 99% of insurance companies will total the car. It comes down to how much it costs to fix the car compaired to how much the car is worth. From the pictures and the type of accident, along with deployed airbags, pretty sure you are looking at a total loss.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Thank you everyone. I am totally fine...kind of... My back pain is getting worse and worse everyday but I will see someone on Monday to start my chiropractic treatments. My head hurts a little but I think I'm just going out of shock. Thanks everyone for the ideas. I've talked to some people too, that I know personally and some say that the car might be totaled. IMO I would love to have it totaled as it will remind me everyday about the accident. I will try to upload clear pictures that I have but no guarantees on that yet.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thank God no one was hurt. It looks totaled, the frame looks jacked up.
    I would fight for full reimbursement from insurance company it was a NEW CAR. How many miles were on it?
    I would also look into purchasing salvage rights for your car, and remove the engine and anything else that is intact. You can sell the parts to help fund new car, I'm not sure of laws in CO but something worth looking into.make sure you take care of your back and follow thru with Doctors orders, I have two large herniated discs in my mid and upper back from accident. I know exactly what you are going thru. PM me if you need to talk to somebody about your back or concerns or if you just need to vent.
    Last edited by TownLine500; 08-23-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Thank God no one was hurt. It looks totaled, the frame looks jacked up.
    I would fight for full reimbursement from insurance company it was a NEW CAR. How many miles were on it?
    I would also look into purchasing salvage rights for your car, and remove the engine and anything else that is intact. You can sell the parts to help fund new car, I'm not sure of laws in CO but something worth looking into.make sure you take care of your back and follow thru with Doctors orders, I have two large herniated discs in my mid and upper back from accident. I know exactly what you are going thru. PM me if you need to talk to somebody about your back or concerns or if you just need to vent.
    I have 14K miles on it

alright so caliber collision quoted approximately $19,700 to fix the car. Anybody else think that this will most likely total the car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    alright so caliber collision quoted approximately $19,700 to fix the car. Anybody else think that this will most likely total the car?
    I would think so at that point. If not, I'd fight for them to total it.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I would think so at that point. If not, I'd fight for them to total it.
    That's what I was thinking too, does anybody know if I can take things off the car and replace with stock if they total it?

Quote Originally Posted by magasiev13 View Post
    That's what I was thinking too, does anybody know if I can take things off the car and replace with stock if they total it?
    not typically for the swaps you can only take personal belongings. also the insuracnce should deffinantly total that considering its almost what the car was worth im sure

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blobeye05 View Post
    not typically for the swaps you can only take personal belongings.
    What he said. You should make sure you document any upgrades you put into it as that would increase the value and you should get a bit more for the vehicle value. Don't expect $ for $ tho.

Each insurance co is different on rules, but I have usually heard if the cost to repair > 40 to 60% they will total. But all companies have different guidelines. Same with purchasing back, some companies will charge a lot (surprising amount) others don't. And don't forget, you have to deal with pulling parts and dealing with what isn't sold. My .02, thats better left for someone who has a shop or close access to that type of shop.

Good thing you are okay (mostly).

Think positive, what are you going to buy as a replacement?

Where in Denver was your crash?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast