2006 not starting after clutch change repost

This is a discussion on 2006 not starting after clutch change repost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So tried the transmission forum with no luck so I will try here. Okay so next problem with my 2006 ...

Syx

2006 not starting after clutch change repost

So tried the transmission forum with no luck so I will try here.

Okay so next problem with my 2006 wrx I'm thinking might have to do with the slave and/or master cylinders any help would be appreciated.

-the car wont go into any gear when the engine is idling and the clutch pedal is pressed down.

-with the engine off i can put it into any gear and start the engine and it'll jerk forward like if the gear is grabbing even though i have the pedal pushed in.

- the clutch pedal was always pretty stiff since i bought the car....now the pedal is soft and wont go up all the way

-Bled the system with normal 5 push hold and also used a vac bleeder neither worked.

thanks in advance for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Suspect the following: linkage problem; pedal travel not adjusted; fork problem; binding clutch problem; pilot or throw out bearing problem; clutch assembled incorrectly somehow.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Syx
    I don't think it's the clutch assembly this time considering how smooth everything went back together. Clutch fork is possible. Would the linkage make it seem like the clutch is not there? I'll take a look with a wire camera in an hour or so for the for and bearing possibilities. Main reason I'm thinking master or slave is the way the slave is only traveling about an inch.