2002 Wrx Heater Blower Fan not working on any setting 1-4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 Wrx Heater Blower Fan not working on any setting 1-4 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have read through countless threads on Heater Blower Fans and resistors and i feel like i have a pretty ...

2002 Wrx Heater Blower Fan not working on any setting 1-4

I have read through countless threads on Heater Blower Fans and resistors and i feel like i have a pretty good understanding of how it all works. My major question is when i turn my knob to 1 2 3 or 4 nothing happens and ALSO if the A/C Button is depressed it never lights up green like it is should. I already went and purchased a used fan transistor setup and i am ready to swap them out but my worry is my problem lies in the blower motor relay tucked up behind the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel. Is the fact that the Green light on the A/C button not lighting up a tell tale sign that it is that relay and not the actual blower motor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the light doesn't light up, I'd think that the control panel itself isn't getting power. So that could be a fuse, relay, or the panel itself. With that, I don't think it'd be the blower motor.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

if i push the defrost button just to the right of it illuminates orange just like it should

i have my glovebox off and the old heater motor almost unbolted...got the two lower (easy bolts) off now im just trying to access the top one that is kinda PITA...im just gonna swap them out for the hell of it and see if it fixes it...im guessing its gonna still be doing the same thing...i will keep you posted after i get this other one installed back in and hooked up.

Before doing anything more laborious, make sure the heater switch didn't die on you and even easier check the fuses
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.