2002 Wrx Heater Blower Fan not working on any setting 1-4

This is a discussion on 2002 Wrx Heater Blower Fan not working on any setting 1-4 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have read through countless threads on Heater Blower Fans and resistors and i feel like i have a pretty ...

2002 Wrx Heater Blower Fan not working on any setting 1-4

I have read through countless threads on Heater Blower Fans and resistors and i feel like i have a pretty good understanding of how it all works. My major question is when i turn my knob to 1 2 3 or 4 nothing happens and ALSO if the A/C Button is depressed it never lights up green like it is should. I already went and purchased a used fan transistor setup and i am ready to swap them out but my worry is my problem lies in the blower motor relay tucked up behind the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel. Is the fact that the Green light on the A/C button not lighting up a tell tale sign that it is that relay and not the actual blower motor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the light doesn't light up, I'd think that the control panel itself isn't getting power. So that could be a fuse, relay, or the panel itself. With that, I don't think it'd be the blower motor.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

if i push the defrost button just to the right of it illuminates orange just like it should

i have my glovebox off and the old heater motor almost unbolted...got the two lower (easy bolts) off now im just trying to access the top one that is kinda PITA...im just gonna swap them out for the hell of it and see if it fixes it...im guessing its gonna still be doing the same thing...i will keep you posted after i get this other one installed back in and hooked up.

Before doing anything more laborious, make sure the heater switch didn't die on you and even easier check the fuses